• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Sucks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobsplace101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

I interviewed for a new job and got the job description of the job. The company offered me the job so I took it only one problem the job does not match the job description AT ALL. I interviewed for a job that was 75% office support and 25% wherehouse support. They have me in the wherehouse pulling orders and filling in for people that don’t show up for work. I did not take a wherehouse job. What are my options? I live in Denver, CO. And am female over 40 years old. They completely misrepresented the job and benefits. Thanks for any info.

Tina

Antigone*

I interviewed for a new job and got the job description of the job. The company offered me the job so I took it only one problem the job does not match the job description AT ALL. I interviewed for a job that was 75% office support and 25% wherehouse support. They have me in the wherehouse pulling orders and filling in for people that don’t show up for work. I did not take a wherehouse job. What are my options? I live in Denver, CO. And am female over 40 years old. They completely misrepresented the job and benefits. Thanks for any info.

Tina
Keep the job or quit the job ~ those are your two options. I'm sure the company won't have any trouble at all filling your position.

Don't expect UI benefits though.

applecruncher

Tina
I assume you mean "warehouse".
I recommend you at least try to do the job. Depends on whether you need a paycheck. btw, you say you're over 40, but "Job Sucks" and your spelling don't exactly reek of maturity and professionalism. Maybe you're not qualified for office support. You didn't specify how they misreprented the benefits.

Talk to your supervisor and HR.

Last edited:

bobsplace101

Antigone*of*Greece thanks! I never expected UI benefits. I am taking that what you are saying is coming from a legal point of view correct? Thanks again.
Applecruncher thanks also! I am the husband of the lady I am referring to. She is totally qualified for any position and is a perfectionist on all things. I on the other hand am not! I do not spell very well when I am in a hurry. How they misrepresented the benefits is the company said they had benefits that were much better and less expensive than the package she had at her last job. Try 4 times more expensive that’s all I will say. Does that mater so much when the job was a lie also?
It is just nuts someone can lie like a dog and get away with it! I am an electronics tech, programmer, HVAC tech, machinist, water treatment tech and at this time I run my own business. Applecruncher I don’t need to spell perfect to do these things. But then again most engineers I work with cant spell and they paid dearly for that skill from a collage. If I did take a job it will be what the job description says it is or I will move on because I can find work anywhere and I have multiple skills and 30 years experience to offer any employer. My wife will move on also it’s just a shame employers can get away with this kind of crap. Thanks for your info

Betty

Unless your wife would have a binding employment contract that she
will only be required to do certain work, she can be asked/told to do
duties/work outside her job description.

bobsplace101

Thanks Betty! I have had some dealings with employment law in the past just not in a case like this! It has been many years ago but I have had some dealings with the NLRB and some union and non union issues. Thanks again to all that were not condescending in answering my questions. For those that were condescending you could have kept your opinion to yourself I did not need your input!

bobsplace101

swalsh411: so what you are saying if you were an I.T. person and you quit a job for a better opportunity. You took another job as I.T. person and when you walked in the door they handed you a tool belt and told you to change lights and sweep the floor you are ok with that??????That is what you are saying!! Me I would punch them in the mouth and walk out that is what they deserve actually way more!
I do not believe in unions and I do not think they are a good thing other than when an employer pulls crap like this. That is what drives unions into companies. I have been on both sides I know this for a fact!

Hot Topic: You are right my wife and I are glad that we both have jobs. Times are hard but the worst is yet to come! The city, state and Fed Governments have destroyed this country. I feel so bad for the next generation.

How is that is hope and change working for you guy’s lol. :D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What the posters here think is "right" and what is legal are not necessarily the same thing.

But it would be next to impossible to operate a business if an employer were restricted from ever asking an employee to do anything outside their job description or forbidden from ever making changes to a job description. You really would be asking too much if you think there will ever be a law like that.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks of it, that is what the law says. Regardless of how anyone here would feel in your shoes, that is what the law says. Regardless of what you, or I, or swalsh, or anyone else here thinks, you will never see a law that says an employer cannot deviate from the job description.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">