• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ceece01

Texas/ first let me say i understand what a bone head i am. I'm not looking to sue just stay out of jail or prison. I was working for a private prison with a contract with TDCJ. I was fired for what they say was an inappropriate relationship with an inmate. Once I am fired can they file criminal charges against me?

OK I am going to come off like an idiot here but here it goes. I was working in a private prison the unit has a contract with TDCJ. I made a friend with an inmate. STRICTLY FRIENDSHIP. When he was transferred off our unit to a strictly TDCJ unit to finish his time he asked me to write him. I agreed because like I said it was a friendship. stupid I KNOW We started to write each other and before I even knew it we are saying I love yous and all that. I confided in a person whom I thought was my friend. TOLD her ALL my feelings and my plans to be with him once he was released. She then told my boss who informed the unit captain. I was fired because they found greeting cards that he had sent me. Which I took to work to destroy stupid move again So I Was fired now I find out they are still trying to put evidence against me for some criminal charges. Because I violated policy. I set up a jpay account, I sent him emails, bought him things from commissary and sent him books. AT first because it was one friend helping another friend out while he is in prison. Then it turned into a romance type thing. YES I was STILL employed but never did I touch him or we touch while he was in OUR UNIT OR ANY UNIT ACTUALLY. I never brought anything in for him. We never touched at all other than a side hug the day he left. Now do I have anything to worry about with an OIG or DA coming after me and me facing felony charges like some are telling me I can? I am flipping out. I told you I am so stupid.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Texas/ first let me say i understand what a bone head i am. I'm not looking to sue just stay out of jail or prison. I was working for a private prison with a contract with TDCJ. I was fired for what they say was an inappropriate relationship with an inmate. Once I am fired can they file criminal charges against me?

OK I am going to come off like an idiot here but here it goes. I was working in a private prison the unit has a contract with TDCJ. I made a friend with an inmate. STRICTLY FRIENDSHIP. When he was transferred off our unit to a strictly TDCJ unit to finish his time he asked me to write him. I agreed because like I said it was a friendship. stupid I KNOW We started to write each other and before I even knew it we are saying I love yous and all that. I confided in a person whom I thought was my friend. TOLD her ALL my feelings and my plans to be with him once he was released. She then told my boss who informed the unit captain. I was fired because they found greeting cards that he had sent me. Which I took to work to destroy stupid move again So I Was fired now I find out they are still trying to put evidence against me for some criminal charges. Because I violated policy. I set up a jpay account, I sent him emails, bought him things from commissary and sent him books. AT first because it was one friend helping another friend out while he is in prison. Then it turned into a romance type thing. YES I was STILL employed but never did I touch him or we touch while he was in OUR UNIT OR ANY UNIT ACTUALLY. I never brought anything in for him. We never touched at all other than a side hug the day he left. Now do I have anything to worry about with an OIG or DA coming after me and me facing felony charges like some are telling me I can? I am flipping out. I told you I am so stupid.
Please don't post in multiple threads. One is enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">