• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Labor Board Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Glennbeauboy

What is the name of your state?CA

I had been an on-site manager of an apartment complex from February 2002 until October 2002 when I read on a web site about how it is illegal for a company to deduct rent from my pay unless there is a written agreement to do such. And about the minimum wage of $6.75 having to be paid for all hours I worked.
At the hearing a Labor Commission hearing, my former Supervisor, Kathy Brophy, (who is also part owner in several of the properties), and an attorney for the company, submitted several exhibits and testimony. Most of which were false. Including a forged ?rent deduction? agreement. I withheld all of my document evidence because it was obvious the lies and false paperwork they had submitted had persuaded the Commissioner to rule in their favor. And that, it did.
After the hearing, my former Supervisors Assistant (who testified on behalf of my employer) contacted me about the hearing. She indicated that she felt remorseful about how the company, and my former Supervisor in particular, lied at the hearing. She said she has seen this kind of thing happen time and time again. She then agreed to help me appeal the Commissioner?s decision (a copy is enclosed) by providing me with any information she could get. She told me that on March 24, 2003, some 5 months after I was terminated, my former Supervisor had a ?manager?s meeting? where she had every manager working for the company sign and date a ?rent deduction agreement? form. She said that prior to this, the company did have any such agreement with its managers. I can prove the document is forged because it is written on letterhead that has the companies new address and phone number. The phone number area code changed from 714 to 949, and the Public Utilities Commission told me that this new area code didn?t take effect until after I was terminated. This letterhead didn?t become effective until January 2003 as well. And like I said, I was terminated in October of 2002.
I can send you a copy of the Subpoena and Subpoena Duces Tecum I have served for the witnesses and documents I feel will help me prove my case. They will give you a description as to what I?m looking at.
Also, I should tell you, Kathy Brophy filed false criminal charges on me that alleged I stole money (rents collected) from the company, a warrant was issued and I was arrested on June 5th 2003 and sight released. I have all of my accountably records and Deposit Slips that prove otherwise. I am representing myself in that case, and last week I met with the DA and gave him a copy of my records. I told him of the pending Labor Appeal and he continued the matter until September 16, 2003. AND on top of all that, Mrs. Brophy and her husband file a small claims case against me and had it served to a vacant apartment so that I couldn?t respond to the filing. I had no idea such a case was even filed and a judgement issued against me until the Labor Commission hearing. They submitted the judgement ruling as an exhibit in the hearing. I have also included in the Subpoena Duces Tecum; a request for the original filing of this claim, because the copies they submitted at the Commission hearing had an illegible front page. Tina bond indicated to me that the reason they submitted an unreadable copy was to conceal the fact that they served me at fraudulent address.
On September 4th 2003, one day before the appeal hearing, they petitioned an Ex Parte for a Stay of Execution and had the Appeal Hearing set for October 10th 2003.
My question is:
Would I file a Cause of Action-fraud for the matters of Mrs. Brophy?s forging an agreement to deduct rent form and another for concealment of the small claims case service onto me?
And finally:
I have all of my accountiblity records to prove my case...do you think I have a fighting chance at winning this case without having an attorney to represent me?

Thank you for your time in this matter, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Respectfully Yours,
Glenn T. Morin

Glenn T. Morin
46985 Morongo Road
Morongo Reservation, CA92220
Phone: (909) 446-1764
E-mail: [email protected]

JETX

Jimnyc:
Thank you for your post.
Actually, I had forgotten all about this idiot and was about to answer his questions when your post reminded me....

Yep, I think that BlewBoy has pretty much crapped all over himself. My best suggestion.... get your wallet out and pay an attorney. I doubt that you will get any RELIABLE response from anyone on this forum. And even his DUPLICATE posting won't help him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">