• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last question for ADA information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ragsy

What is the name of your state? new jersey

Beth3;
two years ago when I told personnel I wanted a transfer because I suffered from epilepsy and the stress may possibly causea seizure to occur, I supplied them with doctor's notes to prove this. They in turn turned around and said "based on these doctor's notes stating your epilepsy disability, you may not be qualified to perform your duties anymore". They claimed that my performance also suffered from this and threaten to put me out on a medical pension. It seemed that anything that they felt was not right to them was due to the epilepsy disability. To this day, they still assume that any deadline that fail to meet on a project or that they can state that due to my medical disability.This is of course is not true. As stated I was cured and currently under correct medicine. However the Union suggested that I file an ADA form because that it would protect me from their false accusations and anything that I could wrongly be accused for.
That is wy I filed the ADA form and have asked the questions in my last response. Sorry for the oversight.
thank you DOn Rago

Beth3

Ragsy, I'm at a loss to advise you further at this point as the whole situation seems nonsensical to me.

You had been symptom-free for a year because of medication you were taking. You only filed a request for ADA accommodation because the union (really stupidly, as far as I can gather) thought it might be a good idea - although the reasons for that continue to escape me.

Since you were completely symptom-free with no anticipation that the medication you were taking wouldn't continue to work effectively, I can't imagine what was in the notes from your doctor that would lead them to conclude you might not be able to do your job at all, much less that you'd qualify for a disability pension.

I have to tell you that I don't see any basis for you to have filed a request for ADA accommodation in the first place, nor any basis for your employer to suggest putting you on disablity was appropriate.

Ragsy, this whole situation just seems kinda nuts to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">