• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws regarding ADD in MA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massachussetts

I have been recently diagnosed through thourough testing with adult ADD. I am curious to know the laws regarding this. If I need to let my employer know, ect. I will be taking medication shortly.

Thanks

Jerry

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law mandating that you do or don't need to tell your employer about this. IF you need some kind of accomodation OR if you are in a position for which the medication might be a factor, then it will be necessary to tell them. But if you do not need any kind of accomodation and the medication will not affect any aspect of your job (I'm thinking in terms of DOT regulations or anything like that) then I see no reason for you to tell them anything.

If you want to post back with additional information about your job and how the ADD may affect it, I can probably give you some more specific answers.

I deal with managing others do their work and troubleshoot computer/software problems they have. the only glich could be is that I am a contractor for the Government working in a classified area. But we only deal with manuals and I don't write them or anything.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And do you believe that your ADD would affect how you handle your job? Do you believe that you need any accomodation from your employer? Or do you think that with your medication, you can handle everything without any accomodation from them?

It doesn't affect my job at all anymore. It had before with prioritzing work and assigning tasks but since the meds it has helped out quite a bit

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since you don't need an accomodation from your employer, there is no reason whatsoever why you need to tell him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">