• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal or do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bornfree

Wisconsin
I was hired at my job to have Sunday's off for worship and fellowship which was stated in my job description when I was hired ten and one half years ago. Now they have changed my
job description to state that I am now required to work Sunday's.
Is this discrimination and do I have a legal case against my employer?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nowhere near enough facts to say.

1.) Does your religion forbid working on Sundays?

2.) Do you have an alternate time of worship (for example, does your church offer services on Saturday evenings)?

3.) What has changed so that your employer now finds it necessary to change your shift?

4.) Are there other employees who would be willing to change shifts with you?

Those are just some of the questions we would need answered before we could even begin to offer an opinion.

O

oopsidaisy

With all the good people i know out of work, no one would care if they missed church, for a JOB!

A lot of people like me would be annoyed at you for bringing this up, even though it is probably illegal, times are a lot different then 10 years ago. Tread carefully my friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">