• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life threatened by supervisor...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjfl80

What is the name of your state? Florida

A supervisor and another employee at my job were having problems, the employee asked my opinion on what he should do and I told him to talk to the owner, quit, or to tell the supervisor to kiss his behind. He told the supervisor the latter, and said that I had told him to say this. Somehow, the supervisor changed it around and said that I supposedly wanted to kick his behind. This supervisor comes in as my shift is leaving, the employee came up to me the other night and told me the supervisor is waiting in his office for me to kick his behind. I told the employee that I never said anything like that nor would I do anything like that. Approximately 5 minutes later the supervisor confronts me, he said if I wanted to kick his behind to go ahead. I told him I never said that, and I wouldn't be doing any fighting, but if he hits me I will defend myself. To which he replied, you will be dead. I thought he was just trying to scare me, so I said what are you going to shoot me. He said yes. I told him it's not worth it and I started walking away, he then proceeded to tell the other employee he would put him in the grave also. I left my job and went home. I called the supervisor from my house and told him that I had no problems with him, and that I don't appreciate being threatened, to which he replied it wasn't a threat it was a promise. I was then informed by another employee that he saw the supervisor take what appeared to be a gun out of his pocket shortly after I left. The next day I confronted the owner and so did the other employee that was threatened. The owner tried to sweep the situation under the rug, until I told him that the supervisor's family members warned me that he shot his own brother. The owner told me that he may have to terminate all 3 of us that were involved. I went to work the next day, but 1 hour before the supervisor was scheduled to come in. I also informed every employee on my shift that if they see this supervisor, they need to run and tell me so I can run out of the building. Basically, I am scared for my life, I'm losing sleep over this and I can't keep looking over my back, I am also in college and cannot afford to be fired or to quit. I can't work in the same place with this supervisor being that he is a safety issue, I fear for all the employees there also, as nobody knows what might cause him to go off. He has already told me if anybody messes with him, he will not hesitate to kill them. If I am fired or if they do not fire this supervisor is there anything I can do? I told the owner I'd hate to seek legal advice, but I cannot go on working in these conditions, and since I feel I have handled the situation properly, and this supervisor is a threat to everyone in the building, that he should be the one to go.

I want to thank you for reading this, and I really appreciate any advice you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">