• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

long story short

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

illatouch

What is the name of your state? florida

i have a couple of issues with my current job and before seeking legal advice i want to get some feedback. i work as a leasing consultant for an apartment complex. a new employee was hired and hired at a higher pay grade scale than i was, i know experience and negotiating is a factor, but the people who hired the new employee was hired based on looks. When i mean looks i mean they were referring to her body and facial features. 2 of the 3 participants urged to hire her at a higher rate.(3 people being-property manager/male, assistant manager/male, and owner/male) Also i was told it was company policy not to hire family members,roomates, spouses, and boyfriends/girlfriends. i tried to get my girlfriend a job and was told she could not because she lived with me and is my girlfriend. The same new hire employee's brother was hired the same day. I would normally speak my mind but the company i work for is notorious for firing employees for no reason, personal differences, etc. there's also some issues with fellow employees of mine (female maintenance worker having a lower pay than males). There are too many things that are going on with the company i work for but this is just a summary of problems. i cannot complain to any superiors because the owner is a part of the problems. also one quick question is, can my boss offer free rent and higher pay to another employee who has less experience and been fired from this same company because she is friends with the owners wife? i'm in the same position as her and i do not recieve free rent. also i never recieved any employee handbooks or any paperwork from the company. if you need more info i have a lot more TRUE AND VERIFIED stories that will be apart of my case if i do seek further legal action

Beth3

"Can my boss offer free rent and higher pay to another employee who has less experience and been fired from this same company because she is friends with the owners wife?" Yes. There are no laws which prohibit the boss giving friends or relatives a better deal than the rest of the workforce.

HomeGuru

illatouch said:
What is the name of your state? florida

i have a couple of issues with my current job and before seeking legal advice i want to get some feedback. i work as a leasing consultant for an apartment complex. a new employee was hired and hired at a higher pay grade scale than i was, i know experience and negotiating is a factor, but the people who hired the new employee was hired based on looks. When i mean looks i mean they were referring to her body and facial features. 2 of the 3 participants urged to hire her at a higher rate.(3 people being-property manager/male, assistant manager/male, and owner/male) Also i was told it was company policy not to hire family members,roomates, spouses, and boyfriends/girlfriends. i tried to get my girlfriend a job and was told she could not because she lived with me and is my girlfriend. The same new hire employee's brother was hired the same day. I would normally speak my mind but the company i work for is notorious for firing employees for no reason, personal differences, etc. there's also some issues with fellow employees of mine (female maintenance worker having a lower pay than males). There are too many things that are going on with the company i work for but this is just a summary of problems. i cannot complain to any superiors because the owner is a part of the problems. also one quick question is, can my boss offer free rent and higher pay to another employee who has less experience and been fired from this same company because she is friends with the owners wife? i'm in the same position as her and i do not recieve free rent. also i never recieved any employee handbooks or any paperwork from the company. if you need more info i have a lot more TRUE AND VERIFIED stories that will be apart of my case if i do seek further legal action

**A: there were no actions that violated employment, harassment and/or discrimination laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">