• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Losing everything over workplace harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tct07

What is the name of your state- Arizona

I began working a a company and my supervisor was asking questions trying to get to know everyone, well, on his lunch one night he saw me walking home and offered me a ride. This was at 430am I took the ride. he then lean in a kiss me and i pushed him off and got out, well then at work he was treating my job and then he stole 250.00 out my account after doing the research of the missing money and he had two girls threaten me not to go to HR otherwise they would do something to me and then also hit me with their car, told a HR and she was like get me proof, and that anything that happen out side of the job is not her problem only what happen here. I did and then she she said since I have him admitting everything on tape I was in the wrong and she needed to investigate well she went and told everyone about it, I had people assaulting me and talking about dumping trash cans over, follow me and listening to phone calls, then I was fired. Went to EEOC and they said that they will but it through and then deny it and that's what they did now said find a law. I have nothing I'm losing everything. Please Help me I have to file before 9/2015

eerelations

I don't understand - you say the EEOC investigated and found nothing but you have until September 2015 to file...? File what? With whom? Did the EEOC investigate? What exactly did the EEOC say? Please clarify.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sounds as if she has a right to sue letter which gives her 90 days to file a lawsuit.

tct07, you need a lawyer. Yesterday.

tct07

Correct they gave me a notice to sue but they never investigated. Becuse i have everything with me the intake questionaire and everything the recording the letters and report number from the police i tried to file in march before they fired me and the investigattor told me i would need to get fired because it would be his word agains mine. So he td me to keep all the papers and if or when i get fired they can hit them with retaliation. Well two days later i was asked about me going to eeoc. My passwords stop working. They fired me thinking since ten days passed no contact from eeoc on the 11th day i fired. The eeco didnt file me claim. They gave me the run around till june and by the end of june i had a letter saying they were not going to investigate and gave me notice to sue and they will talk respond to me voice mail letter. I threatened to go above them and them they had everything

Just Blue

Correct they gave me a notice to sue but they never investigated. Becuse i have everything with me the intake questionaire and everything the recording the letters and report number from the police i tried to file in march before they fired me and the investigattor told me i would need to get fired because it would be his word agains mine. So he td me to keep all the papers and if or when i get fired they can hit them with retaliation. Well two days later i was asked about me going to eeoc. My passwords stop working. They fired me thinking since ten days passed no contact from eeoc on the 11th day i fired. The eeco didnt file me claim. They gave me the run around till june and by the end of june i had a letter saying they were not going to investigate and gave me notice to sue and they will talk respond to me voice mail letter. I threatened to go above them and them they had everything
Is English your second language?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You cannot force the EEOC to investigate, or to investigate any further. You have your right to sue letter - hire an attorney and get to it. If you miss your 90 day window you are barred forever from taking any legal action.

eerelations

The EEOC does not have the resources to investigate and prosecute every claim it gets. When the EEOC gets a claim, it determines whether or not the claim is valid. If the claim appears to be valid, then the EEOC gives the claimant a right-to-sue letter. Then the claimant is legally free to sue the employer within a certain time frame.

This is what happened with you - you filed a claim with the EEOC, the EEOC decided your claim was valid, and gave you a right-to-sue letter. (If the EEOC had thought your claim was not valid, it would not have given you a right-to-sue letter.) The EEOC has done all that it's supposed to do. You cannot "go above them" because they haven't done anything wrong.

Now the ball is back in your court. You need to decide whether or not to sue your former employer. If you decide to proceed with a lawsuit, you need to hire a lawyer. And you need to do this fast because the lawsuit has to be initiated before the deadline in the letter, and it will take the lawyer some time to assemble it. This is your only option.

tct07

I understand so when speaking to a lawyer. As well as a manger at the EEOC they are wrong. For having me appeal. They was a lot that took place

eerelations

I understand so when speaking to a lawyer. As well as a manger at the EEOC they are wrong. For having me appeal. They was a lot that took place
Thee EEOC is not making you appeal. The EEOC did exactly what it is legally required to do:

1. decide whether or not you have a case; and (if you do have a case)
2. give you a right-to-sue letter with a 90-day deadline for filing said case.

Given that the EEOC did exactly what it is supposed to do, the EEOC is right, not wrong.

(You really shouldn't be wasting your time posting here. The 90-day deadline is coming up and if you don't hire a lawyer now, you will lose any legal recourse for this issue.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">