• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Male on Male Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scovik

What is the name of your state?Ohio. Hi, I finally got the job I wanted with good pay. The job I hoped to retire from. Well, the first day was fine but starting the second day the senior man started trying to grab my crotch and would come up from behind and grab my butt! He told me "before my 90 days were up I'll have you bent over the rail" This went on every day. Apparently this is how the new guys are" broken in". Everyone knows it,even the foreman. I asked the foreman if this guy was gay because he keeps touching me and if he didn't stop I was going to knock him on his ass! He just kinda smiled! We work in a foundry. It's hot and dangerous. The last thing I need to be worrying about, standing over that molten aluminum, is whether or not some guy is gonna sneek up and grab me from behind! I really just wanted to beat the **** out of him,but if I do that I lose my job and he goes on as always! I even pulled my knife on him and told him I would cut him if he got close to me! I did see an attorney and he sent a letter to the company president asking him to fire this guy and re-hire me in another department with backpay. Now,since I have seen him I spoke with a friend from the plant and apparently managment said something to this guy and he went back and told all the guys (including the foreman) and they have said if asked they "saw nothing".Since hearing this I don't think I want to go back because,although illegal, they would make it as hard as possible on me. Can someone tell me what my next move should be?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, keep that knife in your pocket, or better yet, in your car, or still better, at home. Pulling a weapon on someone, no matter what the provocation, is a real good way to get fired, okay? :)

Now, to your question. A 1998 US Supreme Court case, Oncale v Sundowner Service Inc., ruled that same gender harassment IS actionable under Title VII. While the circumstances are too fact specific to determine for certain on a message board, the facts as you describe them lead me to think that you may have a sexual harassment case under this ruling.

Since you say you have a lawyer, ask him whether he thinks you have a case for sexual harassment under Oncale. If he agrees that you do, file a sexual harassment complaint with the EEOC.

S

scovik

Thanks cbg

Yea,my attorney told me the same thing about the knife.I'll talk to him Monday and ask him to check on that case. Thanks Again,Scott

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">