• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Massage therapist sex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fountain44

In Colorado:

So, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this....

But LOOOOOOOOONG story short, my wife was getting massages at a national massage chain and ended up sleeping with her therapist 4 times. Twice at the massage place, and twice outside of work. I feel he took advantage of his position, but she was obviously complicit in it all (not a rape or harrassment issue). Oh, and we had just found out she was pregnant around this time. Expensive prenatal paternity test, many nights staying in hotels (cause I couldn't stand to be at home with her), and the kid is mine. Fastforwars, and we are attempting to work past this and if we can, it'll only be cause of years of marriage counselling I'm sure. Anyways, I wanted to sue the therapist/the company for all the pain (and not to mention financial harm) that all this is costing me. I wrote a letter to the company telling them I was considering legal action against them due to negligent hiring practices/poor management/lack of employee training, etc. They since fired the therapist (obviously), and have told me to let them know if there is anything else they can help me with. Do I have any legal action against the company? Or is it strictly a matter of the therapist? He's a poor dirt bag and not worth going after in my opinion. At the very least I want to be reimbursed for my membership there, for the cost of the paternity test (~$1800), and then marriage counselling will cost thousands over the course of the next 3-5 years (or more). I'm very upset over all of this, as you can imagine, and maybe i'm just trying to some justice, but does anyone have any advice on how to proceed from here? Thanks

- Fountain

Last edited:

Proserpina

In Colorado:

So, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this....

But LOOOOOOOOONG story short, my wife was getting massages at a national massage chain and ended up sleeping with her therapist 4 times. Twice at the massage place, and twice outside of work. I feel he took advantage of his position, but she was obviously complicit in it all (not a rape or harrassment issue). Oh, and we had just found out she was pregnant around this time. Expensive prenatal paternity test, many nights staying in hotels (cause I couldn't stand to be at home with her), and the kid is mine. Fastforwars, and we are attempting to work past this and if we can, it'll only be cause of years of marriage counselling I'm sure. Anyways, I wanted to sue the therapist/the company for all the pain (and not to mention financial harm) that all this is costing me. I wrote a letter to the company telling them I was considering legal action against them due to negligent hiring practices/poor management/lack of employee training, etc. They since fired the therapist (obviously), and have told me to let them know if there is anything else they can help me with. Do I have any legal action against the company? Or is it strictly a matter of the therapist? He's a poor dirt bag and not worth going after in my opinion. At the very least I want to be reimbursed for my membership there, for the cost of the paternity test (~$1800), and then marriage counselling will cost thousands over the course of the next 3-5 years (or more). I'm very upset over all of this, as you can imagine, and maybe i'm just trying to some justice, but does anyone have any advice on how to proceed from here? Thanks

- Fountain

You know who is responsible here?

Your wife.

Come on now. You know this.

fountain44

You know who is responsible here?

Your wife.

Come on now. You know this.
I never said she wasn't to blame. But it wasn't 100% on her. How can this happen at a supposed legitimate place of business, MULTIPLE times, and there not be some negligence going on at the very least?

sandyclaus

I never said she wasn't to blame. But it wasn't 100% on her. How can this happen at a supposed legitimate place of business, MULTIPLE times, and there not be some negligence going on at the very least?
Negligence? Nope. Bad judgment? Absolutely.

Sorry, but in this day and age, having an affair with someone simply isn't something you can sue over (in most jurisdictions, including in Colorado).

An affair is a two-way street. It wouldn't have happened if she didn't let it. Focus your energies on the problems in your own backyard instead of trying to find someone else to blame for your wife's actions.

Proserpina

You said yourself - they fired him.

And on which planet does a paternity test cost $1800?

I'll wait.

Proserpina

Negligence? Nope. Bad judgment? Absolutely.

Sorry, but in this day and age, having an affair with someone simply isn't something you can sue over (in most jurisdictions, including in Colorado).

An affair is a two-way street. It wouldn't have happened if she didn't let it. Focus your energies on the problems in your own backyard instead of trying to find someone else to blame for your wife's actions.

But he doesn't want to heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear that.

Then again, I don't believe for a split second this is a real post. ;)

fountain44

You said yourself - they fired him.

And on which planet does a paternity test cost $1800?

I'll wait.
If you don't want to wait until a child is born to test paternity you have two options. Do an amniocentesis (which poses risks to the unborn child - which I was not willing to do), or you can do blood tests which match DNA from the unborn child with the prospective father. That test, SNP microarray, is $1800 in my city, and with my wife being 12 weeks pregnant, I couldn't have the doubt of paternity hanging over my head for 6 + months and decide whether to try and reconcile with her, so I had to find out.

Proserpina

If you don't want to wait until a child is born to test paternity you have two options. Do an amniocentesis (which poses risks to the unborn child - which I was not willing to do), or you can do blood tests which match DNA from the unborn child with the prospective father. That test, SNP microarray, is $1800 in my city, and with my wife being 12 weeks pregnant, I couldn't have the doubt of paternity hanging over my head for 6 + months and decide whether to try and reconcile with her, so I had to find out.

And this is why I KNOW you're a troll.

Go away. Really. Find something else to do on Memorial Weekend.

If, on the offchance, this is for real? I pity your wife. And you still don't have a case.

You're welcome!

fountain44

And this is why I KNOW you're a troll.

Go away. Really. Find something else to do on Memorial Weekend.

If, on the offchance, this is for real? I pity your wife. And you still don't have a case.

You're welcome!
Huh?

WHAT is why you KNOW I'm a troll? Cause you called my statement about $1800 BS, and I went on to explain it to you? THATS why you know I'm a troll? Really?

What I posted is absolutely true (unfortunately), and why the heck would you say you pity my wife? I don't get you man. Why are you being so rude and mean to me when I'm just coming here asking for advice?

Proserpina

Huh?

WHAT is why you KNOW I'm a troll? Cause you called my statement about $1800 BS, and I went on to explain it to you? THATS why you know I'm a troll? Really?

Nope. I'm sorry you didn't get the "why" :(

What I posted is absolutely true (unfortunately), and why the heck would you say you pity my wife? I don't get you man. Why are you being so rude and mean to me when I'm just coming here asking for advice?

Le sigh.

Even if what you posted is absolutely true - you STILL have no case (other than a divorce petition against your wife).

You can take this to a local attorney and pay to receive the same information. Just remember the golden rule: It takes two people to make a marriage, and it takes the same two people to break it.

ecmst12

She probably had the same kind of test I had that told me the gender early. That part is totally believable.

But dude, only one person is 100% responsible for your wife's betrayal of your marriage vows and any of the costs that followed - her. No one else was married to you, so no one else had any obligation to respect your relationship.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He wants to sue the employer because their employee had an affair with his wife.

He's decided it's their fault for not seeing into the future, foretelling what would happen, and refusing to hire him.

eerelations

So whenever a spouse has an affair with someone who happens to be employed, it's the lover's employer's fault? So whose fault is it if the lover is unemployed? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">