• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mediation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KYSassy

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have a mediation date for my EEOC Charge. My employer has suddenly decided to "try" to work with me. I learned this from my voc rehab counselor. She said that both my employer and his attorney have contacted her this week in regards to me. I believe that his stratagy is to "work" with me in hopes that I will withdraw the charge. I have no intention of dropping the charge.

I have been told that it is unusual for the EEOC to receive a complaint, issue a charge, and set up mediation all within 1 month. Is this true? Also, is there any designation within a charge number that shows if the charge is considered an A or B charge?

It seems odd that my employer suddenly wants to talk after 2 months of silence (except when he is fighting my unemployment benefits).

S

Sinsaint26

Actually it is not that unusual. The EEOC is supposed to notify the company within ten days of recieving the complaint. Normally, the first step in the investigation process is mediation so the EEOC usually sets up it up and then notifies the employer of the charges filed against them along with the date for mediation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">