• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

standupb

What is the name of your state? florida what are my rights?
i had a verbal confrontation w/a fellow employee there were no witnesses to the confrontation.she called anothewr employee lazy i told her she was lazy and some of the othe workers didnt like working with her.she reported the incident to the director and
my manager.my manage calle me in the office and advised me that nother employee phoned him at home in ref too the incident.please note this employee was off when the incident occured.the emp that i hd the confrontation with reported it to
corporate compliance and human resource.the confrontation was not threatning are physical we basicall disagreed and she got offended.when called into my mgrs office i refused to discuss the incident being that he gave me the impression that he'd already
decided who he wanted to believe.i hve a excellent work record w/the company never reprimanded or reported for anything.
should i continue too stay silent and see what happens.rember no witnesse never had a confrontation w/emp before. help me do the right thing!!!!!! beevee

Last edited:

S

Sinsaint26

You have the right to tell your employer what happened. Your employer will make a decision based on the information they have. Do you want them to have both sides or just the other employee's version? If you choose to not answer direct questions from your employer you can rest assured that you will be fired. If you have nothing to hide when it comes to this confrontation you should speak up about the matter. Legally you have the right to remain silent, then you will have the right to sign up for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">