• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mystery shoppers and employees rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jarana

I am from the state of Nevada and work on the strip. I would like to know if anyone out there knows if employers have the right to send an outside company into the workplace to do "mystery shops" on their employees and also whether or not these "mystery shoppers" have the right to wear a concealed recorder that can film our every move and capture every word we say? Last but not least, do employers have the right to fire their employees for failing succesive shops within a pre-determined time frame? thank you for your time and anyone who can help me answer these questions.......i greatly appreciate your help.

HomeGuru

jarana said:
I am from the state of Nevada and work on the strip. I would like to know if anyone out there knows if employers have the right to send an outside company into the workplace to do "mystery shops" on their employees and also whether or not these "mystery shoppers" have the right to wear a concealed recorder that can film our every move and capture every word we say?

**A: yes.
Last but not least, do employers have the right to fire their employees for failing succesive shops within a pre-determined time frame?

**A: what are you asking here?
thank you for your time and anyone who can help me answer these questions.......i greatly appreciate your help.

**A: provide more.

J

jarana

Okay. so "myst. shoppers" have the right to wear cameras and record us as well. Then may i ask what rights do we have as employees to protect us from being fired due to getting too many bad shops within 90 days? Who will stand and defend us....because we have had people written up for bad shops and it was their day off or not even their work area. And how do we know the shoppers even did their job correctly or were in a bad mood and decided to flunk everyone they shopped? what i am asking is where can i find rulings or laws that can help me to know what my rights are as an employee.......last but not least i thought it was against the law to film or record another individual without their knowledge? thank you...grateful las vegan :)

H

hexeliebe

Okay. so "myst. shoppers" have the right to wear cameras and record us as well. Then may i ask what rights do we have as employees to protect us from being fired due to getting too many bad shops within 90 days?
Yes, you can do the job as you were trained to do it or quit.

And how do we know the shoppers even did their job correctly or were in a bad mood and decided to flunk everyone they shopped?
You don't. But then you don't know if the person buying from you just lost their child to a hit and run driver and they are buying something to bury the child with. In other words, do your job as if every person is that mystery shopper.

what i am asking is where can i find rulings or laws that can help me to know what my rights are as an employee
You do have rights. You have the right to find a new job. And you have statutory rights of protection if you are in a protected class such as race, religion, national origin etc.

i thought it was against the law to film or record another individual without their knowledge?
You thought wrong. You are in a public place, and the owner of the business has every right to secure his premesis and/or trade by use of surveillence devices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">