• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advise fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamondgirl313

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I work at a 501c3non-profit horse club,...I take care of members horses and have for 3 years. I am in a legal case with the club at this time due to they terminated my membership without just cause and without following there own rules. aside from that as of today they have stopped me from coming on the property to do my job. this is my only income, they know they broke the rules when they took my membership and they think if they stop me from working I cant get a lawyer to fight them. what can I do?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I work at a 501c3non-profit horse club,...I take care of members horses and have for 3 years. I am in a legal case with the club at this time due to they terminated my membership without just cause and without following there own rules. aside from that as of today they have stopped me from coming on the property to do my job. this is my only income, they know they broke the rules when they took my membership and they think if they stop me from working I cant get a lawyer to fight them. what can I do?
Which law do you think has been broken?

commentator

You say you are in a legal case with them but then later you say you cannot get a lawyer to fight them. What does this mean? A case for what? I don't see a legal case here. Does this mean you have an attorney representing you concerning this legal case? If so, call the attorney at once and ask them what they suggest.

As it appears from here, if they own the property, they can keep whomever they wish to off the property, they can terminate memberships without just cause, and they don't even have to follow their own rules. There's simply no law that requires they do so.

If you were a regular payroll employee, being paid wages with take outs for social security and taxes, you may want to file for unemployment benefits, though many of these types of programs are exempt from unemployment taxes. If you were privately contracting with people to tend their horses at this place, you will simply need to find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">