• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to increase Discovery Limits (Interogatories, Docs, Depos, etc.)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greson

What is the name of your state? California

I have an Employment Discrimination civil lawsuit pending in Federal District Court of Northern CA.

EEOC issued a right-to-sue letter after investigating discrimination that I suffered because of my race and gender. I used this letter to file this legal action.

A second right-to-sue letter was released by EEOC after I reported the escalated retaliation suffered after I filed my complaint with them. I used this second letter to amend that original discrimination case - - merging 2 cases into 1 lawsuit.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN WITH THESE QUICK QUESTIONS:

The Discovery Limits were NOT adjusted up from those numbers normally set for a single case (5 depos, 40 interog, 25 document requests, 25 admissions) .

1) What legal arguments, case laws, justification and/or reasons should I use to convince the Judge to increase these limits?

2) Defense attorneys are against this request; and, they are already playing discovery games. How can I use their Discovery Games to get the Judge to extend the Discovery Cut-off deadline, when he increases the Discovery Limits?

Thanks in advance for any guidance that you can provide.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">