• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Legal Advice ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ndistler

Missouri is the state

I have a few questions regarding employee rights after returning to work from maternity leave in Missouri. First, I would like to know if I had a planned date to come back to work and it was signed and acknowledged by the manager to come back on that date, do they have to have me scheduled on that date? Second, the manager told me she could not give me my normal hours back as she told me they gave them to the new employees, (although every other woman who came back from maternity leave got their exact hours back without any hesitation), is this legal to do? And if there is anything that I may have missed regarding employee discrimination going back to work after maternity leave. Also, this is a place who has around 40 employees not 50. Thank you

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How long had you worked for this employer when you began your maternity leave? How many employees does the employer have within 75 miles of your location?

Yes, it matters to the answer.

ndistler

The employer has maybe 40 employees. Im not sure of exact number. but it is more than 15. I had been there for 1 year and a month before
I went on maternity leave, preapproved by the manager, with the date I was supposed to come back being Monday, paper was filled out and signed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">