• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never ending suffering at work PART1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

exxos

What is the name of your state? Staffordshire , England

Hi all, I'm new to this forum though it seems the right place for my troubles. For legal reasons I wont mention names or company.

It started when I was 18 and on work experiance for a year. It seemed to be great since it was a electronics job and it was what I wanted to do, people there seemed great people. After a few months of "working for free" I decided it wasn't fair for me to do a massive workload since I wasn't being paid for it. I halved my workload and a week latter the my supervisor gave me a right telling off for not doing anything. I was shocked and didn't know what to say to him. A week latter the same happend again. I got a telling off for "not doing anything" when I wasn't being paid a penny. I said this to my supervisor and he told me not to answer him back and get on with my work. I was again shocked by this outcome.

About a month latter when the supervisor was off a "second in command" guy took over and put me though hell. I was left work to do for the week and was told to do other stuff which was bascially crap which he himself didn't want to do. I kept to myself and got on with it. I constantly got harrased by this guy for anything and anything which he could think of to moan about. He was putting me though hell. I reported this to my supervisor the following week and nothing was done about it, probably due to the fact they are "mates" anyway.

He carried on being a jerk for months which eventually rolled onto years. I was very annoyed that I should be but though such things when I was only on placement. I reported this to my collage tutor and he said that they are just trying to give me a good working enviroment. I don't see how being treated like crap can justify this.

Collage was almost over and I went for a job with the same company but in another department. I went there for 2 weeks for the end of my work experiance. The guys working there were great but again stupid supervisor and by that time we had a new manger aswell. I tried to make friends with them though I constantly got told off for not doing my work, I mean for gods sake I wasn't even getting paid! A week latter I got a right telling off by the manager for not working on one of his 500 walks past the workshop one day. It seems I was to ignore everyone at all cost and not open my mouth under any circumstances. Totally uncalled for since I wasn't even being paid!

After collage finished I applied for a job in the electronics department, which I didn't get even though I had worked there and was more than qualified. I did get a job in the other department. At first it wasn't to bad though in time it got worse then my supervisor would throw the work sheets at me and tell me to get on with it when I was still trying to catch up from my previous work. I rushed like hell to get it done and one day worksheets started to "appear" out of nowhere on my desk. My work doubled and of course I couldn't do it. I then got into trouble for unfinished orders which he never even showed to me! I shouldn't have even been in such a "important" role when I first started. This went on for about 2 years. I pride myself on quality work though I just had to send out sub-standard stuff to do the work. I hated to send stuff out like that but had no choice.

During this time about 3 people had left the electronics department and I kept sending in my application. I kept getting regected each time. Apparently so I found out latter my current supervisor had "bad mouthed" me about my work and attitude. The thing which gets me is if I "so bad" why didn't he try his best to get rid of me ?! After 2 years I finally got into the electronics department. Though I latter found out that I only got the job purely on the basis that they couldn't find anyone at all to do the job, no was at all was interested. So of course the electronics supervisor was all of a sudden nice to me and offered me the job. How blind I was not to see at the time that I was he "last resort". It was nice to be thought of so highly. It was agreed that "becasue of my age" I would start off on a lower wadge and it will go up in 6 months time to the correct level. I agreeded to this and started work. I never did get that payrise.

I decided to give this new job 110% and did more than my job description stated, far more! all seemed to be going well and I was doing well to keep the backstabbers from getting at me. Someone else was about to leave ( notice how many people seem to leave ? ) and he showed my the company BBS ( bullitan board system ). This computer was the heart of other depots around the UK gaining files to update machine software. A vital part of the company. Depots around the UK had access to dial in and download files. I was taught how to use the system since I was good with computers and bascially everyone else refused to do it.

At the time the system was a nightmare, the whole setup was pretty pathetic considering its great inportance. I used to spend about 2 hours each friday updating the files on the system and removing old ones. I then had to transfer all those files onto disc and walk to the other end of the building to update a second computer for the workshop. This took even longer since it was slower and used software which was a lot harder to use than the one I was shown. I spent all morning trying my best to update it correctly, which I did. A couple of months latter I started getting told off again becasue of the time it took me to update them. Considering I was now the only one in the company who actually knew how to do it I though that comment most unfair. I kept on getting told off each week for the time it took.

I got sick of this and trying to explain the system was crap and this is how long it takes to update it. Since no one had a clue about computers or whats involved they never listened and just carried on with the tellings off to me. To keep the peice I just decided not to erase old files off the second computer to save time. This worked for a couple of months until I started to get told off again for the time I was taking. I was really getting very annoyed in trying to make them understand the system was crap and the computers are just too slow. By this time the old files which I hadn't erased were causing problems since no one knew which versions of software to use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">