• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never ending suffering at work PART2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

exxos

I had a word with one manager who knew a bit about it to help me sort it out. He agreed and I took action to solve some problems ( This guy also left a week latter ). What I did to solve many problems was to do a direct hard drive copy of our main computer to the workshop one. this solved all the sotware issues and it also had updated BBS software which made it so much easier and quicker to use. I was there until late one night sorting it all out. I thought I would get a good review for a payrise for taking this project on and sorting it out. How wrong I was, it went totally unoticed.

By this time I had updating time down to about a hour. I though this is very good since it took a whole morning to do updates. didn't even get a thank-you for doing this. It saved the company even more time since people could find software quicker with the new system in place. Supprise supprise a month latter I was again getting told off for the amount of time it was taking. By this time I was REALLY starting to get mad. My best efforts to explain things were just not getting though the thick skulls of the mangament.

After about 6 months the main computer system went down. No one had a clue how to fix it so supprise supprise it was left to me to fix. after a week I managed to get it running again though it wasn't running well at all. It got so bad it crashed every hour and I was getting flooded with annoyed phone calls from people who needed to get on the system to get files. This went on for a couple of months and nothing was being done to fix the computer system. I spent more and more time trying to get it running correctly but I just got more and more abuse from my supervisor since I wasn't getting my work done. How pathetic. I tried to make him understand that its having problems but as far as he could understand there was text on the screen so it was running fine, the text being a blue screen crash was totally beside the point. So I did as I was told and go on with my work... Which I couldn't do since I was having to deal with annoyed customers who couldn't gain access to the system.

This was putting me though pure hell. If I did my work I would get stress off customers, if I did the computer I would get stress for not doing my work. I got so p*ssed off with it I ripped the computer to bit and took the hard drive home and formatted it and spent half the night reading the 2" thick manual on how to setup the software. I did this of course in my own time, unpaid!

I installed the drive and the system was back up and running. Of course I got no thanks whatsoever and management seemed not to actually care one bit. No chance of a payrise! AGAIN! It did however mean that our customers and depots could get software and actually produce some outcome at the end of the day, which of course saved the company time and money since everything went more smoothly. No one actually seemed to noice how the problems just seemd to "disappear" all on thier own. A classic style of managment to leave it and it will go away eventually all on its own!

I still kept on getting told off for the few moments I was spening updating the other computer system. I read the books in my own time and I found that the BBS could support a network link. I thought this would be ideal since I wouldn't have to bother to update the computer at all! I mentioned this to my managers a number of times and they had no idea what I was talking about whatsoever. Going by the fact of all the hasstle I was getting I though this to be iggnorant in the extreme. Time went on and I was getting more and more annoyed as time went on. After about 6 months I had a word with someone else since he had already installed a lot of the network cables in the building already. The next day he went off and put the cables in place. This was of course bascially behind the managers back. Latter that night he asked us what we were messing with and we told him were linking the 2 computers together. He still had no idea what we were talking about and just let us get on with it.

Afew days of telling off's for messing with the computer network we finally got them linked up. I no longer had to spend time updating the second computer since it was plugged straight in the back of our main system. This now saved me alone 4 hours of work which of course went toally unoticed. So unoticed infact I got told off for NOT updating the second computer. I mean how pathetic can it get ? I spent about a year repeating and repeating and repeating that it no longer needs to be updated. The manager couldn't understand that it was plugged into our computer so all files were downloaded off that. Of course I was fuming mad. the time it saved people using the computer to get updated must have added upto a days work saved easy a week. OF course this was not realised at all. Still no chance of a payrise despite saving the company a days work.

Of course if things were left as they were the time lost could have been months. After about 6 months time the manager suddenly decides he wants another computer somewhere else in the building, could we hook it up ? So we set to it thinking we would get some credit sine we were asked by the maanger himself! How wrong we were, not even a thank-you. The best part of all this computer work is that its not even in our job description and our "I.T." deparments hadn't a clue about any of it. If I hadn't have setup the network I now would be spending near 2 days updating 3 computers. And of course we had another 2 added on since then which would mean I would be spending near a full week of time updating, which I have actually saved the company. Of course it all went totally unoticed.

I latter found out that our crappy backup tape drive had gone faulty and was pointless backing up the computer system onto it. I actually had to take the system offline for about 8 hours while the slowwwww tapes saved all the computer data onto it. Of course I get told off for messing with the computer when I was supposed to be doing my work, I mean backing up a vital part of the companys data is not doing my job ?! I latter manged to gain a harddrive to solve this problem..for now.. I then got the backup time down to about a hour so the system wasn't off for long. Of course I got nothign but abuse from other people who used the system since they couldn't get software from it cos it was offline for backups! I failed to make them understand this and latter just didn't bother to do it.

About 6 months latter the computer crashed and they wanted me to restore it frmo the backup tapes. Notice how they always come to me to get them out of the sh*t ? I was again shocked by the fact that my supervisor refered to the tapes when we hadn't used them for months. He came to a desssion all on his own that it might be best to bin them cos we wern't going to use them again! I was so annoyed I couldn't help but laugh at how pathetic the company was. Of course I also got told off since we didn't have a valid back and lost a fair amount of system data which took months to put back on the system.

At this time my boss decided to let me show one of the other useless people how to backup the computer cos I was taking to long to do it. I showed him and he got thanks cos he could do it in half the time it took me. In actual reality it took him twice as long since I used to defrag the harddrive since there were 100's of files being moved about the system each day it didn't take long for it to slow down to a halt becasue of the drive was fragmented. So I just left it all alone at that point. New people were logging onto the system and of course I was the only one who knew how to give them access the the system.

It wasn't long before the computer slowed down to a stop and started to crash every day. more files were lost and I tried to keep away from it since it was pointless trying to help them solve problems. I eneded up being forced into sorting it out. I spent near a day sorting it out and it was back in action with just a few basic maintainace jobs. Everyone in the UK was happy once again since the system was running fine again, so where is my bonus and payrise ??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">