• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never ending suffering at work PART3

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

exxos

Going back a little at this time we only had 2 computers hooked into the system. When the other 3 were connected the software had to be updated since we didn't have a lisence to use more than 2 connections. After about 6 months we finally got the update. Guess who had to install it! The new computers were hooked in and more people could gain access at anyone one time which ment production figures would go up. all I got was a constant telling off for messing with the computers and not doing my work, despite the fact that ive just saved the company 50 odd days work a year!

problems soon developed with having 5 computers downloading off our main system. The phone calls started to flood back and again it was left to me to explain why, constantly, why it ws running so slow. Of course this was all my fault since I kept messing with it and apparently buggered it up! This was annoying since I had spent so much of my own personal time and knowlage sorting out the system and had nothing but abuse back from people. After much arguments we finally got a new faster PC which was dummped on my desk for me to sort out. This company has quite a nerv!

So here we go again, the computer goes offline for updates, phone calls all come back, I get all the abuse and of course I solve the problems. I was getting SO annoyed that I refused to work on the computer any longer. This didn't last long since the "kinder garden" children couldn't solve problems themselves and I ended up solveing it all for them. So here we go again that I'm messing with the computer and thats why its not working, when it was rather much the obbosite. My supervisor kept me inline by telling me off each time I went near the computer to fix it. A impossible situation to be in, one which you can't possibly do the right thing no matter what you do.

Time went on and the system was having to deal with more and more software. Which it couldn't cope with and kept crashing. So here we go all over again! Talk about going around in circles! There was nothing which could be done since the guy who write the software had left months before, ohh I wonder why.. Of course I was the only one who had anychance in solving it so again it was all left to me. Many tellings off and annoyed customers latter I got sick to death of it all. I didn't know how to program on the PC but I learnt to program in Visual basic and re-write in my own time a new program to run the system. I did this all in my own time!

after about 6 months I installed a test version which worked really well. I left this on the system for a few months and updated it as needed. After more abuse for messing with the computer despite ive got the company out of the crap AGAIN I wish I hadn't of bothered. For some unknown reason the system trashed out and the old software was put back on, which of course didn't work, so all the problems start again. Probably for the first time my boss actually took notice and setup a meeting between me and the manager to descuss me writing the software for them to use. I was shocked that all of a sudden he took notice though I think he just wanted a easy road out since his neck was on the line since the computer was his problem.

After a few days talking the manager agreed to pay me overtime at my own leisure to write the software. I reeally though like telling them all to shove it cos I was so sick of it all. Though I was more sick to death of people blaming me cos its gone wrong when all I have ever done is help out! I finally agreed to write the software. Paying overtime for such a important program is peanuts! I wanted to get into programming so I took on the job. I asked for 6 months time to write it and Ionly got 2months. this proved near impossible to write it in this time.

After the 2 months of long nights work I got a test version running. Which at first didn't work at all. A few more attempts and I couldn't get the program to work at all. As a last resort I borrowed the system setup discs and installed everything on my home computer so I could track down the problems. The next day things were solved and I had installed it on the system at work. It held up considering the lack of time I was given. I had to update it in my own free time just to put a stop to people bugging me all the time cos they found problems with it. After about 6 months the system was working perfectly. Other systems around the UK installed the software and it solve one hell of a lot of problems. Of course I never got a payrise despite getting the company out of the crap YET AGAIN!

In the present days the system is starting to fail again since its not been maintained correctly. I am SO annoyed that I just refuse to do anything towards it anymore even though the actual cure is very simple. Higher management visited me to see what the problems were. Like 3 years late but better late than never! They were so thick that they didn't even realise that the problems in part were down to my software. Since I wrote it I could solve it easily. Being iggnorant like they are they didn't have that as a option so I kept my mouth shut to see what the outcome would be.

The outcome was to totally ditch the whole system and re-write the compleate thing. This is totally in the extereme since I have since pointed out many simple solutions to get the system running. My boss got convinced by all the tech babble he ws feed that they system would be so much easier and better. Myself and others know this is not the case and will actually result in more work. Since its taken the "kinder garden" people 2 years to learn the system I setup there is going to be one massive explosion when the new system goes online cos no one will know how to use it. I sure aint going to be helping out with it in anyway. I doubt its even going to be compatable with my software since parts of it will still have to be used. Its going to be one massive flop and I really dont want to be there when it does!

Since these last few months I've still been involved with setting up small things and helping people. Its a hard possision to be in since its in my contract to give tech support to our customers. When they ask something about the computers I pass them onto the "I.T." department who then moments latter pass the call back to me becasue no one know anything about it other than me. Pathetic!

Over the last year I have had more and more abuse from management. I've been threatent with written warnings because of my "attitude". When all my attidude comes down to is just doing the job which is in my contract and nothing more. I've since had so many pettie tellings off its totally amazing.

One day I walked into work, the maneger saw me walk in before starting time. Since thier pathetic arrangement of walking from one end of the carpark to the other, to enter the building then walk all the way back to the other end of the building and up 2 flights of stairs It just turned past starting time. I thus got a quick mouth full for being late when the manager himeself actually followed me and walked up the stairs behind me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">