• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never ending suffering at work PART4

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

exxos

Another day there was a bad crash on the road to work, it happend like 20mins before I set out so there was no way of telling it was there. I went straight into a mile long traffic jam and I had no idea why. I took a guess that there had been a accident and drove miles out of my way to bypass the rest of the road I normally go on. I finally arrived at work and people said "have you been delayed by the accident then ?" Of course I was and was only 5mins late. I thus got a right mouth full of abuse for being late. Since it was the first time ive been late in about 5 years I think it was totally uncalled for. Even after I took it in myself to drive miles out of my way to get there on time! Of course such efforts go unoticed and again I'm in the wrong. Whats even better is myself and 1 other have been given a wrnign that we went home 5 mins late! I mean how pathetic can it get ???

A couple of months ago I went on a course to learn out some computer system which we would be repairing in the future. I was asked to write down all the stuff we would need to do the job. Which I did. This had to be all in place in 2 months when the company would come back and review if they would give the company the rights to "mess with thier stuff". The computer company was impressed with how things were setup and my company got the contract to repair the systems. Now one item was a Cdwriter which we needed to copy the software sice we were allowed to do it. So someone unpacked the CDR and screwed it all into a spare computer to burn CD's. He asked me if I knew how to use the program. I said yes and started to show him how to us it. Moments latter the manager came in and stood behind me watching what I was doing. I thought to myself "here we go again". Moments latter I got a mouthfull off my boss for messing YET AGAIN with the computers. This is totally pathetic since the manager himself ordered the CDR in the first place and when we go to us it we get a mouth full of abuse. needless to say we dont bother to copy them and when we run out the company can buy them in from now on.

One other day I needed some screws for a job I was doing. I was actually on my dinner at the time but I wasn't doing anything and since when my dinner eneded the woodwork department shut, I decided to get the screws while on my dinner break. So I walked down to get the screws as ive have done for years in the past. As I went in a moment latter the manager came in. He was telling a guy exactly how to his job after he had been there for years. I really expected this guy to thumb the manager cos I could tell he was pretty annoyed. As I turned round I was welcomed with the friendly voice of the manager shouting out "WHAT YOU DOING DOWN HERE" knowing that everything I did was wrong and I had no reason whatsoever for being in the woodwork room. I was left speachless. I said ive come down to get some screws. He went off his nut and I walked out of the room.

Just as I did a girl from the stores office walked in and the manager said "hello ive finsihed with him now you can go and snog him", meaning that this guy and girl were dating. I was again shocked. I went straight to my boss and told him of this. As I was telling him the manager rang and dragged him down to his office where he was in the for half a hour listening to the manger rage on at him. I actually feel sorry for my boss to put up with it all. Aparently I'm not allowed in the woodworkshop since its a "Dangerous working enviroment". Despite years of electronics background and working for the company for years is besdie the point. What makes it more annoying is a simple stores girl can have access to this "enviroment" and I can't. I also got abuse for apparently answering the manager back. I no longer replace any missing screws of any equipment I repair.

These are just but a few of the annoying things I have had to put-up with over the years. Each day is a living hell and I dont think there has been 1 single day for the past year ive not had a telling off for something or another. Despite I have never done anything wrong whatsoever makes it worse. I've done nothing but help that company and all I get is daily abuse off management. My boss since is near a break down since hes had so many beatings off his manager. All of which are total rubbish. These last few days are worse since my boss looks for faults now and gives me abuse for the slightest thing. Hes convinced I'm a bad person who spends all day causing trouble. I feel very annoyed since ive spent my time there helping out beyone the call of duty and all I get is constant abuse. With no payrise also!

I've seen been looking for a job for the past 2 years but its proving very hard to find one. I'm since going insane and dont think I can hold back the temptation to throw the nearest heavy object at each manager until thier heads are crushed into a pulp. Since I dont involve meself with anything anymore, apart frmo the bare minimum in my contract I aparantly have a attitude problem and have been threatened with a written warning on a number of occasions. Since there more I try to help the more abuse I get it makes perfect sence to do less. Which is what of course I do. I still try to help my follow workers though everytime I look like im doing something wrong I get abuse I dont even bother anymore.

Over the past couple of years around 90% of the workforce has left due to similar things. Most left due to unfair abuse the same as myself others left since temperary people got paid more than the workers which had been there for 20 years or more. How a company can run on 90% staff who have no idea what they are doing is beyond me. I can only hope that I can get out of that place before I go insane or the company goes bust.

Beth3

I've read novels that are shorter than your four posts.

I can't speak for everyone here but if you can boil that down into several paragraphs of key and pertinent info in ONE post, I'll be happy to read it and give you a reply. Without even reading your posts, I can guarantee you that 90% of what you've written isn't pertinent to whatever the legal issues are, if any.

gobonas99

To borrow a line from IAAL...

Read the BIG RED LETTERS at the top of the page. US LAW ONLY.

Beth - this guy is from England.

Chris - I BRIEFLY skimmed your posts...if I were you, I would quit and look for another job.

E

exxos

Ok fine, thanks alot for your help, hopefully the moderators will delete the post to save you from the bother to read it. I wont bother anyone of you with anything again.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here could help you even if they were inclined to wade through your posts. This site deals with US law only. No one here has any knowledge of UK law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">