• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nj lad reasonable accomodation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beldindaschild

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj question

hello and thank you . My son in law is an entry level employee in a public agency

he hurt leg and and need surgery within the next few months. his doctor released him too work with light duty with some adjustments to his work since he stands.h

He approached a supervisor and informed him of the situation and provided the note. supervisor said we cannot accommodate you and if you cannot work you can go home.
Kid is scared to make waves. I suggested
he writ he write a letter to the higher ups and request a meeting and also file a complaint with the civil.rights. any input

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj question

hello and thank you . My son in law is an entry level employee in a public agency

he hurt leg and and need surgery within the next few months. his doctor released him too work with light duty with some adjustments to his work since he stands.h

He approached a supervisor and informed him of the situation and provided the note. supervisor said we cannot accommodate you and if you cannot work you can go home.
Kid is scared to make waves. I suggested
he writ he write a letter to the higher ups and request a meeting and also file a complaint with the civil.rights. any input

I suggest he signs up here with all of the details, and you stop advising him. :cool:

beldindaschild

Hi sorry I understand why he should be the 1 doing this as it is time for him to grow up but when you see someone suffer it's hard not to help but he does live wit but he does live with me if nece if necessary I'll just let him login under my name and if there was something else you need it I can have him chime in.

beldindaschild

Hi I am the employee and first time on forum writing on here so so I will do my best. Basically went to work with my doctor note and my superviso pretty much ignore n and treated me like I was bothering her there were 2 supervisors at the time. Dave reluctantly took my note glanced at it and handed it back saying sorry we can't help you if you can't work go home. That was pretty much it no reasons no or though or thought given. I can walk and I hope the surgery improve the pain because I can't afford months of Cobra cause the surgery might not be for another 3 months. but they are treating me but they are treating me like I'm not in to remain in a paid status I spoke to the union rep for for me but she wa but she was worthless because common sense tells yo that there's more to th that there's more to the story I hope this I hope this helps a little bit thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi I am the employee and first time on forum writing on here so so I will do my best. Basically went to work with my doctor note and my superviso pretty much ignore n and treated me like I was bothering her there were 2 supervisors at the time. Dave reluctantly took my note glanced at it and handed it back saying sorry we can't help you if you can't work go home. That was pretty much it no reasons no or though or thought given. I can walk and I hope the surgery improve the pain because I can't afford months of Cobra cause the surgery might not be for another 3 months. but they are treating me but they are treating me like I'm not in to remain in a paid status I spoke to the union rep for for me but she wa but she was worthless because common sense tells yo that there's more to th that there's more to the story I hope this I hope this helps a little bit thank you
Two people that write the exact same with with the same mistakes? Who are BOTH awake at 4 a.m. even though one is supposedly on pain killers which tend to aid in the sleeping? Not quite believing it.

eerelations

Isn't it one of the forum rules that people don't share identities? Why can't OP's SIL create his own FA identity? It's not that hard...

commentator

In spite of the messy other person posting, I am a little curious about which public agency her nephew or whatever he is to her works for that has no HR.

We assume he "hurt leg" off the job, right? Not a work related injury? So has he been there long enough to qualify for FMLA? Did he ask for and receive permission to be off during this surgery? There is no requirement that he be allowed to work part time or light duty unless this is a work related injury covered by worker's comp.

They won't want him back until he is "fully released" by his doctor. If he has no FMLA coverage, they can fire him for not being able to come back or for being out even for this reason.

beldindaschild

the.son just taught the whole family which is why some of the words come u which is why some of the words come up jumbled an anyway to answer your questions or concerns that really are relevant he has not had surgery yet. He has been employed for about 3 years there and HR has a roll that they can only speak to employees on certain days of the week within certain hours that they simply don't have time to deal with all of them. He is eligible for temp disability but dorsnt feel he should take that until surgery .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An employer is not required to manufacture a light duty position if one does not exist already; nor are they required to remove any essential functions from the job description. Neither is considered a "reasonable" accomodation. While you have not provided nearly enough information to say whether there are any light duty positions, for which you are eligible, currently open or whether the amendments to the job would remove any essential functions, it is not clear that you understand the limits under which an employer's obligation to you is set.

beldindaschild

This maybe true but when the employer looked at a note and just told my son to leave and refuse to even consider the possibilitythey failed to engage in the interactive process. Case by case basis. No hard fast rule. Agency has thousands of employees many positions. Njlad is more liberal than ADA. I found a lot out on my own last night

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then your son (NOT YOU) is free to speak to the EEOC and see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">