• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

None Payment of Wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mark Tyler

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I worked for a small company not covered by the FLSA. I recently quit due to intolerable working conditions. I received payment for the week prior to my resignation but instead of the employer paying me for the full amount of hours I worked (58.5) she only paid me for 27 hrs along with not paying me for the 3 days I worked the week I quit. My employer clearly altered the hours on my time card an stated that she did not believe I worked those hours. My employer told me that her lawyer stated I could be held liable for fraud because she doesn't believe I worked those hours but I truly did work the full 58.5 hrs. What can I do to receive the money I earned? Thanks.

Beth3

Contact TN's Department of Labor/wage and hour division and file a complaint. You must be paid for all the hours you worked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">