• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

printsez

as a supervisor i put in for a transfer to a different project. my supervisor signed release and then suddenly called other project supervisor and said could not release me. it was a lateral move. reason given was could not lose any supervisor positions at this time due to some one on night shift quitting.
i went to Human resources because of rumors of downsizing in my project and asked why was i really stopped?
I have no write ups in my file and my performance is excellent, i am highly qualified for the new position and was being considered seriously, i am also a day supervisor the person who quit was a night supervisor.

this resulted in meeting with superiors and intense questioning about a different issue that is not related and would be a new thread. they assured me i did not want to make the change and i told them i was not feeling differently and would think about it

one week later they demote an upper manager to my level and two others at my level to a entry level. one other supervisor was then transferref to different project (not the one i applied for) in a lateral move.

this person is male i am female, he is younger and of different race which should not be a factor and is just information.

i asked my supervisor how this could be she said they chose because of his poor performance and i should be flattered that they did not want to lose me.

they are stopping me from what i feel is a valuable work experience that benefit me in the future.
what if anything can i do? i am in missouri. do i need a lawyer? what kind of lawyer?

:confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law does not require them to give you the transfer if they feel you are more valuable to them where you are. Unless you were held back BECAUSE OF your race, gender etc. they have done nothing illegal.

Beth3

You can't force your employer to transfer you to a different position. The tail does not wag the dog. If they felt business conditions necessitated "shuffling" other employees into positions and/or they felt they most needed you in the position you currently hold, then that's just the way it is. Nothing in your post remotely suggests your employer has acted unlawfully.

If you don't care for the terms of your employment or feel it important for your career that you move into a different type of position and that opportunity is not available where you are now, then you are free to pursue those opportunities elsewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">