• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old boss told new boss I was gay!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sianc

About 2 years ago I got a job at a hotel in Portland Or. I was moving there to get a fresh start. Well my employer in california (that I was leaving) told my new employer that "I have never been able to prove anything because everytime I think I have him pegged as gay, he does something to make me think I'm wrong". I got the job despite her comment, and I have witnesses who heard her say it. I just feel like she tried to undermind my getting the position or something. Is there any legal action I can take against her? Who knows how many jobs I could be/or have been overlooked for because of comments like this.

Im not the only person she talks about like this. I feel she needs to be put in her place. Can someone help?

admin300

Administrator
Staff member
Forget it and be glad you are out of there. Or sue her and have her bad mouth you further. Or report her to top management of the firm. Few of them like things like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">