• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overlooked for Promotion two times

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
To answer your questions in regards to why I think I'm being overlooked is because not a known fact but I feel like, a female by the way, being a member in the Guard may be playing a part. Being a member of the same organization that I audit, intenally may be what he is using since there are only two of us left out of eight auditors that are Guard members and have been for over 28 years. I also feel that the whole situation with the new purely civilian employees is a stereotypical situation that happens in the workplace, in that leadership forgets that the people who were there already were actually doing a great job and I can prove that. I have substantiating documents for most of what I say and feel.
Being in the Guard isn't a protected class, so even if it's discrimination, it's not illegal discrimination.

As an aside, often leadership likes to bring in "new blood." Sometimes long-time employees get stagnate and stuck in the rut of doing things "because that's how it's done"; bringing in outsiders can bring a new perspective.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">