• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overlooked for Promotion two times

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tcreeves

I lost everything I just typed so now I start over. Looking story short for beginners. Within the last five years I have seen or office change drastically. I am in the military but I work as a civilian technician for the Army National Guard during the week. I have been a federal employee for almost 28 years. I have been overlooked for promotion to GS12 twice in the past year. The two that got it are without a doubt less qualified then me but got the promotion anyway. They are strictly civilians whereas I am a civilian but I am also a guard member that drills once a month. I feel like the same organization that I am dually a member of is now holding this against me. I can prove work performed by each of us and how I have out performed most in my office, but that hasn't stopped this from happening. Help!!!

Tcreeves

Alabama, but work for the federal government though

I am an auditor that audits the Alabama National Guard

Tcreeves

Alabama, but work for the federal government though

Alabama is the state I work in. I am an auditor and I audit the Alabama National Guard

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
You've lost me. How can you be a civilian federal employee and active duty at the same time?
There are "hybrid" jobs in the NG that are federal civilian jobs, but require you to also be a drilling member of the National Guard.

Tcreeves, why do you think they're overlooking you?

Tcreeves

Well...

To answer your questions in regards to why I think I'm being overlooked is because not a known fact but I feel like, a female by the way, being a member in the Guard may be playing a part. Being a member of the same organization that I audit, intenally may be what he is using since there are only two of us left out of eight auditors that are Guard members and have been for over 28 years. I also feel that the whole situation with the new purely civilian employees is a stereotypical situation that happens in the workplace, in that leadership forgets that the people who were there already were actually doing a great job and I can prove that. I have substantiating documents for most of what I say and feel.

Tcreeves

And

The other employee is a black man who just recently was overlooked for supervisor. He has been in the Guard for over 30 years and in our office for over twenty years and has all the experience to run our office. However, the new guy was hired straight off the street with state auditing experience only. Big difference between state and federal systems, and now our organization has to pay thousands of dollars to get him trained up whereas that would not have been the case if they would have promoted the seasoned auditor already there.

Tcreeves

Peter Principle

So are you saying that the others who have been promoted are part of that or are you assuming that pertains to me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">