• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Time Off (giving Notice)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pittsburghguy

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I work in sales, which is paid 100 percent commision. I have recently been offered a new job with another company which pays more.

My question, I have 43 hours accrued Paid Time Off...will I be compensated for these hours when I give my notice..if so..how do I request it.

R

Rowbear

If you have earned the time off and it is recorded on your pay stubs, they will automatically pay you in your final checks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
However, it is important to note that in your state, there is no requirement that vacation or paid time off be reimbursed to you at termination at all. If your company has a policy of paying it (and many do - the fact that it is not mandated does not automatically mean that you won't get it) then it will most likely be done as Rowbear describes. But a use-it-or-lose-it policy is legal in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">