• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Welding Manager

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
I have an employee who receives personal phone calls from his girlfriend. I've informed him to advise her that he is not to receive personal phone calls at work unless it's an emergency. Now she has another male call and ask for him and then she will get on the phone to speak with him. What legal actions do I have to keep her from making non-emergency calls to him while he's working?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can discipline him in whatever way seems appropriate to you, up to and including termination. He does not have a right under the law to make or receive personal phone calls at work, regardless of who they are to/from.

There is nothing you can do to control what she does. He is your employee, not her. If you were thinking in terms of restraining order or something on that level, not gonna happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">