• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gigglek16

What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex-boss had us keep a log of our hours that she would take when it was time for her to pay us, she took that to pay me & she never gave it back so i started keeping my own log, when i quit over the phone she came w/ a check & a log of the hours she assumed i worked (i dont think it was completely accurate). I never could go back to get my personal log (one which I supplied) when i finally did get a chance to ask for it, its gone! What can I do?:confused

Beth3

There's probably nothing you can do. I suppose you could file a civil suit to get your personal log returned to you but that will cost money and chances are the employer will say it's lost or was thrown away (and quite possibly that's the truth.) After all, you left it on the premesis when you called in and quit. Since it's not an item of any particular value, they had no obligation to make sure it got returned to you; rather you were responsible for ensuring you didn't leave any personal property you valued at work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">