• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Placed in different job that goes against my disability limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KYSassy

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have worked for my present employer for 2 years. When I was hired, my job duties were in accordance with my disability limitations. This week I was told that I would have to begin working in a job that goes against my restrictions. What can I do about being forced to work in such a situation (besides quitting)?

Beth3

Without knowing what your disabilty is and why the employer is making this change, it's impossible to say. IF you fall under the protection of the ADA and IF your employer is no longer able to accommodate your restrictions due to legitimate business reasons, what they have done is not illegal.

K

KYSassy

I met with my vocational rehabilitation counselor today. She told me that she will be contacting my employer tomorrow to discuss the ADA and possible remedies to bring him into compliance. If that doesn't bring him around....she is already preparing to file a complaint with the EEOC. My employer is notorious for thinking he is above doing certain things. He was forced to rewrite the contracts of our commissioned sales reps last year. He was audited by our state government for failure to comply with sales tax regualtions the year before. He resents being warned of certain things and then, when it comes back to bite him, he wants to act like somebody did him a huge dis-service.

The shame of it all is that he is a CPA and he didn't even get our W2 forms right.

P.S. He does all of his own bookkeeping and payroll...doesn't trust it to anybody else.

I have heard the saying that someone who trusts no one...can't be trusted himself. I think now I understand that old saying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">