• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandy7181

What is the name of your state? GA

I need to know if this is racial discrimination. I work at Hardee's. In my store I am the only white person on payroll. I got the job teo weeks ago and was told I would work between 25-30 hours a week. I am put on the schedule for 25 hours a week and told to come in. The moment I arrive at work I am sent home because the "labor is too high" . This is really strange because there are people there who are getting overtime. I went in to talk to the main manager and she trys to make it seem like im not coming to work which I have at least 4 witnesses who can say I am because I have to catch a ride to work. I have not been fired but im really close to quitting. In two weeks of work I have worked 13 hours. What makes me think its because of my race is Im the only one being sent home everyday and she just hired 5 more people( all of which are African American--like everyone else in the store) One of the girls she just hired she is training to do my position during the same hours I am supposed to work.
Please help me.

Beth3

There are two possibilities: (1) race, as you suspect, or (2) a manager who doesn't know how to properly schedule the workforce. If the main manager won't discuss the situation with you then what you should do is contact the district manager or store owner (depending upon whether this store is owned by the corporate entity or is an independently owned franchise) and express your concerns. If that doesn't rectify things, then you are free to file a complaint of race discrimination (if that's what you believe the problem to be) with your State's equal rights division.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">