• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible slander- don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcarliaus

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am an educational aide in a middle school working with mr and dd children. Three days ago i was called into the vice principals office to speak with her and a man from human resources. he told me that a "reliable source" had seen me eat one of the students lunch and accused me of using this students lunch ticket for myself. i explained that the student had receives a double lunch because he had asked for more. he put me on paid suspension, said he has to investigate this more and will get back to me in a day or two. i have not heard anything yet. when we meet again should i take some type of representaion with me and if the suspension is put on my record, how can i get it off and can i sue the school district for slander or false accusations?:confused:

HomeGuru

mcarliaus said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am an educational aide in a middle school working with mr and dd children. Three days ago i was called into the vice principals office to speak with her and a man from human resources. he told me that a "reliable source" had seen me eat one of the students lunch and accused me of using this students lunch ticket for myself. i explained that the student had receives a double lunch because he had asked for more. he put me on paid suspension, said he has to investigate this more and will get back to me in a day or two. i have not heard anything yet. when we meet again should i take some type of representaion with me and if the suspension is put on my record, how can i get it off and can i sue the school district for slander or false accusations?

**A: what actually happened?

Beth3

"i explained that the student had receives a double lunch because he had asked for more"

So you did in fact eat a student's lunch, right? He requested a double portion and you ate at least part of it. They may be mistaken about your using his lunch ticket (which they're still investigating) but they're not mistaken about you eating his lunch. You have no basis to take any legal action on multiple fronts. Even if their accusations were totally incorrect, it's not slander. And as it is, their concerns are indeed at least partially correct and may legitimately result in disciplinary action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">