• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it possible to sue from a different county

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

round 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello I'd like to know if it's possible to sue my old job for discrimination and failure to prevent discrimination from a different county? I used to live in southern California but now reside in northern California..

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello I'd like to know if it's possible to sue my old job for discrimination and failure to prevent discrimination from a different county? I used to live in southern California but now reside in northern California..
Nope. You would need to bring suit in the venue where the business was located. If that was in Southern California, you'd have to sue there.

CdwJava

Is the business operated or headquartered in the area where the cause of the claim originated? If this is a chain store, your options might be expanded.

Consult an attorney. A discrimination or harassment claim is NOT a do-it-yourself affair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">