• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy and Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwalla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I work as a mid-level executive (GM) at a large facility. I have never received performance related feedback since the inception of my employment. Last week, I advised my boss that I was pregnant (1st child). I am 3 months and did not miss any time for symptoms or medical appointments. I advised my boss that I had secured full-time child care and was committed to returning to work as soon as possible after the birth. My intention is to work up to the day of delivery.
The following week after advising my superior, I have started to receive fabricated performance feedback. The quality and timeliness of my work has not changed, I work 10-14 hour days (as any GM is expected) and have never missed a day of work since I started with the company.

Does all the company need to do is create a paper-trail to document these fabricated issues to remove any legal exposure? Should my suspicions prove true and they are trying to terminate me as they are not happy with the pregnancy, is there any recourse?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First step is to discuss this with HR. I don't know if this is illegal discrimination or not, but if it is, it's always better to try to resolve it internally first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">