• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy Related Medical Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TBrooks2

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis (a condition in which causes severe nausea and vomiting during pregnancy). I was put on medical leave on 2/18/03. a couple of dyas ago my employer calls and says that when I return my current position may not be available. I will either be transfered to a different location (causing my faimily to have to move) or demoted. I work in property management, my property site employs 10 persons, while the management company I work for employs around 200 plus. Am I protected under any law from this happening?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) HOw long have you worked there?

2.) What reason for the change did they give you?

T

TBrooks2

I have been employed there since 8/19/02

and today i found out that I was fired

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have not been there long enough for the Family Medical Leave Act to apply to you. Therefore, your only hope of legal action would be if you are prepared to show that someone else who was absent for the same length of time and who also had no FMLA protection but was out for a non-maternity medical leave would not have been fired.

And if the company can show that your firing was based on business related reasons and would have happened regardless of your leave, you cannot take legal action at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">