• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pregnant and feeling like i am being pushed out of work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindsaylund

What is the name of your state?MA
I am 8 1/2 months pregnant. i have been at my current job for 4 years. it's a small non profit legal organization. ever since i have given my notice of maternity leave(nov 04) i feel i have become the office target by my supervisor. i feel as though her personality conflict has gone above and beyond just not liking me. after a department meeting to discuss current problems, she asked me for my feed back. we work in the customer service department of the office (there are 4 women in this department including my supervisor) one of the biggest complaints that we get is that our on hold time is too long. i suggested to her that if she could logg in during the day the waiting would be less for the customer. she immediately got on the defensive and attacked me verbally in the meeting saying that was not in her job description and that was my job instead. a month later i was called into another meeting with my supervisor, not to talk about my job preformance but to discuss why i wasn't socially involved with my co workers. she told me that i needed to work on my social skills and that i needed to maybe hang out after work and "relax" with them. i informed her that i come to work to do my work and then leave, i don't come to work as a social call and that what i did off the clock was no concern of hers. so at that point i informed my H/R dept and my supervisor that i no longer felt comfortable meeting alone with my supervisor. one day while i was on the phone with a customer, my supervisor stormed over to my cube tapped me on the shoulder crumpled up an instruction sheet that i had typed up and had given to all my co workers(basic instructions on how to do odd jobs that i handled, so they would be able to do them if i was out of work) and then threw the paper ball at me and it bounced off my computer and hit me in the head. I immediately went to my H/R department and complained. i also submitted a complaint via email which was then forwarded on to the director of my organization, with no response. after bugging H/R for nearly two weeks, they finally sat my supervisor and i down for a meeting. i again stated that i dont feel comfortable around my supervisor, and that her violent actions were uncalled for and childish. i was given a forced "cavalier" apology from my supervisor. my yearly review was given monday, and i strongly believe that she purposely gave me a horrible review so that i would not be entitled to a raise i had waited nearly a year for. she told me that her & the director have had long talks about my preformance and they both agree that i should maybe fine employment elsewhere. i refused to sign the review and i told her that i feel this was a personal attack against me in retalliation to complaining about her to H/R. since my organization is so small my only recourse is to write a of complaint to my board of trustees. i feel that i am being pushed out of my job, for the simple fact that my supervisor does not like me. not once was my preformance on the job or lack there of ever mentioned or discussed- it has only been personal issues. i am unclear as to why she chose me as a target, only a short while ago in may, she wrote me a fantastic letter of reccomendation for me for school. im baffled as to how her opinon of me has taken such a 360. what do you suggest i do to remedy the situation since i am leaving on maternity leave in 4 weeks?

Beth3

Reading between the lines a bit, it appears you and your supervisor have never gotten along well (i feel as though her personality conflict has gone above and beyond just not liking me) In recent months, you have complained repeatedly about your supervisor (and you've had reason to on occasion) and her response has been to become even more unpleasant. Given the personality type she appears to be, that's not surprising.

i feel that i am being pushed out of my job, for the simple fact that my supervisor does not like me. That may be the case but that's not illegal. It doesn't appear that your pregnancy has anything to do with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">