• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prison is better

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unfairreview

What is the name of your state?
Judging from the response to these posts, it sounds like we'd all be better off if we just shot somebody and got locked up. Prisoners have more rights than employees in corporate companies now days. After reading through these posts, there are so many legitimate complaints that should be grounds for discrimination, harassment, etc., but all I see in the responses are "companies have no legal duty," "companies do not have to abide by their employee handbooks," "someone can grab you on the ass all day long, but unless it's harassment based on race, religion, or gender, your boss has every right to do that." What ever happened to common human decency and fairness? No wonder Corporate America is going to hell in a handbasket. There's too much political ass BS going on in companies and the legal system can't and won't do crap about it. A murderer can get out of prison now days and have more rights than the average American who is just trying to make an honest and fair living. And yes, if you're an unhappy employee, you can always leave your company, but if similar situations continue to happen in company after company, what the heck is an HONEST employee left to do?!!

S

Sinsaint26

On the contrary, employees have plenty of rights granted to them by the government. You have the right to not be discriminated against based on religion, age, race, gender, or disability and in some states marital status, sexual orientation or obesity. You also have the right to not be retaliated against for filing a WC claim, reporting safety violations to OSHA, reporting public policy violations (whistleblower), making a sexual harassment complaint, using FMLA, reporting FMLA violations, or filing a discrimination complaint with a state agency or the EEOC.

The government can't, however, dictate that an employer just be nice. The court system is already flooded with lawsuits. I could just see all the new lawsuits spring up if there was actually a law that said your employer had to treat you with common decency. Everyone would be filing lawsuits because "they were just really mean to me one day". Quite frankly, no employer would be able to stay in business. All their profits would be going to fight off lawsuits.

And like you said, an employee also has the right to find a better job.

U

unfairreview

I understand that the system could get flooded with lawsuits if someone sued for any little thing. But that's apparently already the case anyway. Take for instance the case of the woman suing McDonald's for their coffee being too hot. Now if that's not petty, I don't know what is. She became rich off of that, but an employee in a small company that gets slapped on the ass by the boss has no rights because "they are exempted from laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment." BS plain and simple.

S

Sinsaint26

I don't know who told you that slapping someone on the ass is acceptable. If an employee is subjected to discrimination or sexual harassment they have the right to make a complaint with the appropriate agency and sue if it comes to that. The only time you cannot sue for such behavior is when the employer is not subject to these laws due to their size. BTW, the woman suing over her hot coffee has nothing to do with employment law.

Beth3

"companies have no legal duty," "companies do not have to abide by their employee handbooks," "someone can grab you on the ass all day long, but unless it's harassment based on race, religion, or gender, your boss has every right to do that."

unfairreview - no regular responder here has EVER made statements. You need to get some perspective on your situation. Employment relationships are not a democracy and were never purported to be. The people at the top get to call the shots. If you would care to start your own business, you'd get to call the shots too. Sometimes management makes lousy or unfair calls but that certainly is not always the case. There are many fine places of employment and the number of decent, ethical managers far outweigh the bad ones.

You are ALWAYS free to look for a better opportunity for yourself at a place of employment that is more to your liking. Feel free to ask anyone in prison if they have any choice in the matter of where they are and how they spend their days.

U

unfairreview

whatever

I have a "legal right" to make any statements I choose to make.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, you do. And the people on this board have a legal right to disagree with you and point out any fallacies they see in your arguments.

HomeGuru

Re: whatever

unfairreview said:
I have a "legal right" to make any statements I choose to make.

**A: not on this website you don't. If you want to continue your tirade, start your own website.

U

unfairreview

bite me

I didn't start this "tirade," Beth3 did by her rude statements. I won't be consulting this website any longer anyway. I think it'd be better to consult a real attorney, not an individual who "plays one on the internet."

HomeGuru

Re: bite me

unfairreview said:
I didn't start this "tirade," Beth3 did by her rude statements. I won't be consulting this website any longer anyway. I think it'd be better to consult a real attorney, not an individual who "plays one on the internet."

**A: good riddance to unfaironeview.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I didn't see anything rude in what Beth said. Did you, Sinsaint? Justvisiting?

U

unfairreview

bite me

I think all of you must be individuals who went to law school, but couldn't pass the bar exam or something, so you just decided to start your own website. You seem to be very defensive to every question asked on this website. Go back and read some of your responses and you'll see what I mean. Maybe you lost a lawsuit at one time and you're just bitter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">