• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with former employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KaNGiX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) = New York

Thank you in advance, for any help to my two part question.

First While working at my last employer, I was asked to help make a training video. While making the video I fell, in the process dropping a ladder on myself, falling in a ditch and mud. I was uninjured. The employer took the footage and made a training video ( with me falling edited out, only used good footage) for the company. They also made a video, mocking me and making fun of me and the situation as a joke. They showed me I asked that it not be shared with others as I was a manager. Now 6 months after I have left the company the Operations Manager has emailed the video to my past local area manager who told me.

Second. When i was working with my former employer, I was required to use my own person vehicle. The motor blew up and I was left short on cash to fix vehicle.

My employer owed me for two of my expense checks for thousands of dollars They where mailed to my local office. My office manager was then told upon receiving them to hold on to my expense checks until further notice from the Operations Manager. This went one for a week till my manager told me the check had been waiting for a week but he was not allowed to give it to me. Not until i emailed HR did they give it to me.

At the same time I dont have money to repair, there also holding my funds with out cause. This hurt me and the probabilty to get my vehicle repaired.

The checks were wrote to me and dated 8 days prior. They were not given to to me as they should have. The checks were the from company owner to me. The operations manager had them held intentionally, right after my motor blew in my truck.

Is there anything the law can do about either of these?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) = New York

Thank you in advance, for any help to my two part question.

First While working at my last employer, I was asked to help make a training video. While making the video I fell, in the process dropping a ladder on myself, falling in a ditch and mud. I was uninjured. The employer took the footage and made a training video ( with me falling edited out, only used good footage) for the company. They also made a video, mocking me and making fun of me and the situation as a joke. They showed me I asked that it not be shared with others as I was a manager. Now 6 months after I have left the company the Operations Manager has emailed the video to my past local area manager who told me.

Second. When i was working with my former employer, I was required to use my own person vehicle. The motor blew up and I was left short on cash to fix vehicle.

My employer owed me for two of my expense checks for thousands of dollars They where mailed to my local office. My office manager was then told upon receiving them to hold on to my expense checks until further notice from the Operations Manager. This went one for a week till my manager told me the check had been waiting for a week but he was not allowed to give it to me. Not until i emailed HR did they give it to me.

At the same time I dont have money to repair, there also holding my funds with out cause. This hurt me and the probabilty to get my vehicle repaired.

The checks were wrote to me and dated 8 days prior. They were not given to to me as they should have. The checks were the from company owner to me. The operations manager had them held intentionally, right after my motor blew in my truck.

Is there anything the law can do about either of these?
**A: do they still owe you any money?

Beth3

If they want to share the footage of you falling, they can. You did receive the money they owed you - you can't sue them for the inconvenience they caused you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">