• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with my supervisor.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Callowayda4

Okay so I work for a hotel. My supervisor is Hispanic and she flat out hates Americans. There has been 2 complaints in the form of emails from guest that have stayed stating that she has made discriminating remarks towards the Americans that work at the hotel. I have copies of both emails. The emails state that this Hispanic woman has said all americans are lazy and stupid, all black people are thieves, americans don't belong working in housekeeping, referred to white people has gringos. The owner of the hotel knows about the 2 incidents and so do the other bosses and no one has done nothing. I had to find out about these complaints from other employees not one person came and told me anything. I feel as if Im being singled out because of my race and it's not right. The first time this happened the bosses and owner just swept it under the rug with hopes it wouldn't happen again. I am the only american housekeeper at this hotel.Im biracial so I am extremely offended and I think it is beyond crazy this woman still has her job! Is there anything I can do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So, other than the emails and feeling offended, how has this affected you? Has this supervisor demoted you? Are you paid less than other housekeepers? Given exclusively bad shifts or bad assignments?

Callowayda4

I am paid the same as the other employees. My hours have been cut tremendously, I have to do things that she wouldn't ask anyone else to. She takes work from other people and gives it to me for no reason.

TigerD

Have you considering returning to America, where Americans are not as disliked and American law can protect you?

TD

eerelations

Okay so I work for a hotel. My supervisor is Hispanic and she flat out hates Americans. There has been 2 complaints in the form of emails from guest that have stayed stating that she has made discriminating remarks towards the Americans that work at the hotel. I have copies of both emails. The emails state that this Hispanic woman has said all americans are lazy and stupid, all black people are thieves, americans don't belong working in housekeeping, referred to white people has gringos. The owner of the hotel knows about the 2 incidents and so do the other bosses and no one has done nothing. I had to find out about these complaints from other employees not one person came and told me anything. I feel as if Im being singled out because of my race and it's not right. The first time this happened the bosses and owner just swept it under the rug with hopes it wouldn't happen again. I am the only american housekeeper at this hotel.Im biracial so I am extremely offended and I think it is beyond crazy this woman still has her job! Is there anything I can do?
You can thank Donald Trump for this. And it's just gonna get worse. I know 'cause I'm there. (And I'm Canadian!)

jimnyc

You can thank Donald Trump for this. And it's just gonna get worse. I know 'cause I'm there. (And I'm Canadian!)
Folks are angry because Trump pointed out issues with ILLEGAL aliens? I can see if he just offended regular every day folks that have immigrated here, or just every day folks for no reasons. But illegals coming across the border? He is correct about the illegals. If you are speaking about what he said about muslims, then you are correct, but I didn't see muslims mentioned in this thread. But odd so many folks got uptight at Trump talking about illegals coming through the Mexican border, and then acting like he was speaking about all Mexicans, or all Hispanics, when he never did such a thing.

Sorry about taking the OT even further! :)

eerelations

I'm in Mexico, and believe me, the locals here are really mad (like ROARINGLY angry) at Trump for saying that all of the Mexican illegals in the US are deliberately sent there by the Mexican government, and that all of the Mexicans in the US (be they legal or illegal) are rapists, murderers and drug dealers. If I was a hard-working law-abiding Mexican (as most Mexicans are) living in Mexico, and I had friends or relatives working in the US (legally or otherwise), I'd be damn mad too.

OP has not provided any evidence as to whether he is in the US or in Mexico. Either way though, I can understand why his Hispanic supervisor might be feeling a teeny bit hostile towards non-Hispanic Americans right now. (Noting that if she is in the US, she is probably legally entitled to work there as most illegals in the US can't realistically expect to become hotel supervisors while remaining off INS radar, and if she is in Mexico, then she is probably legally allowed to work there too.)

jimnyc

I'm in Mexico, and believe me, the locals here are really mad (like ROARINGLY angry) at Trump for saying that all of the Mexican illegals in the US are deliberately sent there by the Mexican government, and that all of the Mexicans in the US (be they legal or illegal) are rapists, murderers and drug dealers. If I was a hard-working law-abiding Mexican (as most Mexicans are) living in Mexico, and I had friends or relatives working in the US (legally or otherwise), I'd be damn mad too.

OP has not provided any evidence as to whether he is in the US or in Mexico. Either way though, I can understand why his Hispanic supervisor might be feeling a teeny bit hostile towards non-Hispanic Americans right now. (Noting that if she is in the US, she is probably legally entitled to work there as most illegals in the US can't realistically expect to become hotel supervisors while remaining off INS radar, and if she is in Mexico, then she is probably legally allowed to work there too.)
I sure don't want to be a jerk to the OP here and go completely off the rails and ruin this thread. But can you link me to where he said ALL of the illegals were these things? I just went back and brought up a ton of his original statements and don't see him saying "All illegals". But I could be wrong, wouldn't be only the 100th time!

Either way, I doubt it would be HIS fault. If someone is treating another person discriminatory, because something someone else said that isn't even there, well that's kinda lame, and hardly Trump's fault anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">