• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

troubleatwork

What is the name of your state? wa

would it be some sort of discrimination if my employer did one of these three things:1) did not let me apply for a management position because i was not currently a manager, 2) gave me managerial reponsiblities as well as people under me that made more than me, but not giving me a raise to compensate, and lastly, 3) deny me a job in another area because i was overly qualified?

thanks again

H

hmmbrdzz

1. Probably, most definitely probably "no", but slightly and
ever so slightly the possibility of "maybe".

2. No.

3. No.

hmmbrdzz

Beth3

1. No

2. No

3. No

Unless the real reason for any of these decisions was due to your age, race, gender, religion, national origin, handicap or a couple of other "protected characteristics," this isn't remotely discrimination. Absent these particular factors, the employer may promote or not promote whomever they wish for whatever reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">