• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racist and threatening behaviour

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jarv2013

I want advice on my next step as feel i can't go any further.
I was racially and verbally attacked by a colleague in front of the team leader and i took it to a formal grievance hearing. The person admitted to their words on paper and seems to have got away with it. Any other company would have sacked the person on the spot... feel real crap at work but still this person tries to wind me up and feel nothing more i can do.

OHRoadwarrior

Usually, a complaint about racial harassment to HR is sufficient. You really need to provide your US state to get a better answer.

commentator

What state are you in? Are you in the U.S.? "Sacked" and "behaviour" and the fact that you had anything to complain about leads me to believe you may not be in the states.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are in the US, all the law requires is that they make the illegal behavior stop. They are not required by law to fire him. They may; they are not compelled to.

If you are not in the US, you'll have to identify what country you are in. We have one, and only one, expert in Canadian and UK law. Any other country and we cannot assist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">