• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

releasing personal information to other employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LisaB32

What is the name of your state? California
There was an incident at my work place, where confidential information regarding a disciplinary action that was suppose to take place, was released by the assitant managers to a member of the staff who is not a manager. This person then tells another coworker.
This disciplinary action was in regards to an addition error in which I miscounted the tills, I came up right on, the following morning the opening manager said that we were $40 short. The $40 was found in a drop envelope under a lip in the safe the following monday.
Now I can understand taking a disciplinary action IF we were actually short, or for my error in addition. But is it right for members of management to tell subordinates about pending disciplinary actions supposedly being taken against me? Just a little curious.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only expectation of privacy you have in the workplace in the legal sense has to do with any medical issues. As far as disciplinary issues go, discussing them may be unprofessional but it is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">