• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reply from wrongfully accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

holaguesswho

What is the name of your state? CA

Thanks for the prompt reply! At least I know I'm being treated fairly by my employer, but I still can't help feeling like a victim for some strange reason...

Q1: Can the employer terminate employment even if there were no SH found?

I went through and answered these questions...

1) Sexual advances, propositions, or forced sexual relations
; no
2) Request for sexual favors; no
3) Any verbal conduct of a sexual nature; no
4) Any physical conduct of a sexual nature; no
5) Written or visual sexual conduct; no
6) Vulgar, crude and sexist language; no
7) quid pro quo; no
8) effect a term, condition, or privilege of her employment affected; no
9) employee's job performance and attendance affected; no

Q2: What are my options if the employer decide to terminate employment even though SH was unfounded?

Thank you for your time!

Beth3

A1: Yes, although if you didn't engage in any inappropriate behavior of any kind, it's unlikely they would do so. If they conclude it wasn't SH but you acted improperly in some regard, they could still discipline or terminate.

A2: None. I presume you are an "at will" employee, as are the vast majority of us, which means you can be terminated at any time for any reason except for a specifically prohibited one (i.e. because of your age, sex, race, religion, in retalliation for taking FMLA, etc.)

Do you know anything about the complaint, such as on what basis this co-worker or subordinate is saying she was sexually harased by you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">