• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rescinded job offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brad81

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I got a job offer for a summer internship. I signed and faxed my acceptance within the deadline mentioned in the offer. However when I got home I got a call from the Human Resources person that I couldn't be hired because from this year they had made a policy to only hire US citizens and permanent residents.
I have work authorization on my student visa and used that last summer to work at another branch of the same company without any problems.
I was wondering if the company can take back a job offer based on my citizenship even though I am authorized to work here for the summer based on my visa.

HomeGuru

Brad81 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I got a job offer for a summer internship. I signed and faxed my acceptance within the deadline mentioned in the offer. However when I got home I got a call from the Human Resources person that I couldn't be hired because from this year they had made a policy to only hire US citizens and permanent residents.
I have work authorization on my student visa and used that last summer to work at another branch of the same company without any problems.
I was wondering if the company can take back a job offer based on my citizenship even though I am authorized to work here for the summer based on my visa.
**A" C'mon man, you know that US citizens get first dibs on all jobs in the US.

K

kevinss

I'm shocked the company honored that. You find most companies nowadays engaging in activities like over-inflating job descriptions just so they can legally farm the work out. It's shocking to see a company actually giving a U.S. citizen preference in this economy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">