• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restrictive Covenants valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maysey

What is the name of your state? IN the UK

Can anyone tell me if a company can hold you in breach of contract through restrictive covenants if a client wishes to seek me out for employment. I am resigning due to Sexual Harassment and I have a 6 month no client work clause. I feel stuck and pressurised to stay but can't bear being there any longer. But my client wants me to work for them still, via another supplier - is there any way around this law?

Please help!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This site deals with US law only. UK law is very different in some respects and anything we could tell you would be only a guess.

Even if you were in the US, we would not be able to answer your question since state law and the EXACT wording of the agreement would affect the answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">