• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reverse discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srmccumber1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?ohio

There are 2 women who work along side of me and my fellow male co-workers at my warehouse job who are given special treatment by the male boss and who do not have to rotate into the more physically demanding jobs that all of the men in the same department have to do.They are not any different at all except for their gender. Same classification, same pay, less senority in many cases. Is this legal ???!!! We are all getting sick of it. The jobs are not too demanding but require sweat and physically moving boxes of merchandise. They instead get to drive forklifts and never break a sweat.

swalsh411

I can't stand the term "reverse discrimination". If it's discrimination (legal or illegal) then it's discrimination. "Reverse" discrimination implies that the only "real" kind of discrimination is against certain groups of people.

quincy

I can't stand the term "reverse discrimination". If it's discrimination (legal or illegal) then it's discrimination. "Reverse" discrimination implies that the only "real" kind of discrimination is against certain groups of people.
The term "reverse discrimination" really hasn't been used since the 1970s, and even then it was generally only applied when referencing affirmative action programs.

See Regents of University of California v Bakke, 438 U.S. 265, 98 S.Ct 2733, 57 L.Ed.2d 750.

Discrimination is pretty much discrimination. There is no "reverse" about it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">