• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement with stipulations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gk1h

im trying to settle w my former employer in a discrimination case. They sent me a agreement to sign but i feel like i'm going to owe more than the settlement they are offering me . Is it possible to have have someone look over this agreement and give me advice.

g.hull name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

quincy

im trying to settle w my former employer in a discrimination case. They sent me a agreement to sign but i feel like i'm going to owe more than the settlement they are offering me . Is it possible to have have someone look over this agreement and give me advice.

g.hull name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
Looking over contracts and agreements and offering advice based on the reading of it goes beyond the scope of this forum. It would be considered the unauthorized practice of law for those members on this forum who are not attorneys (the majority) and it would violate professional codes for those members who are attorneys.

You will need to seek out legal help for this in Hawaii. Perhaps you can find a legal aid clinic in your area.

I can tell you that you are smart to question any agreement before signing it, however. No one should ever sign a legally binding agreement without fully understanding the terms and the consequences of signing.

Good luck.

gk1h

thank you.

Rnem<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<hnre
looking over contracts and agreements and offering advice based on the reading of it goes beyond the scope of this forum. It would be considered the unauthorized practice of law for those members on this forum who are not attorneys (the majority) and it would violate professional codes for those members who are attorneys.

You will need to seek out legal help for this in hawaii. Perhaps you can find a legal aid clinic in your area.

I can tell you that you are smart to question any agreement before signing it, however. No one should ever sign a legally binding agreement without fully understanding the terms and the consequences of signing.

Good luck.

quincy

Sorry this forum cannot be of more help to you, gk1h, but thank you for the thanks.

Good luck with your settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">