• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sex discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsaugie

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have worked for a company for 13 years. A job came open for a manager position. I applied for it and took a test which I scored the highest out of the applicants. The other applicant has 8 years experience. When I applied for this position my District Manager said, "well I don't think we have and women managers" (which they don't). They chose the applicant that scored lower on the test and has less experience than I do. They also said they talked to the other employees, which they didn't. They said they talked to my customers and references, which they didn't. I feel like I wasn't picked solely because I am a woman.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then you have the right to file a complaint with the EEOC and/or your state discrimination board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">