• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

victimized

Rhode Island

I am suing my former employer for sexual harassment. My attorney has had my case for 8 months. I have submitted interrogatories, forwarded all my evidence and have submitted to over 6 hours of the defense deposing me. They now want to depose me again. I do not get any more vacation time until May. I have asked my attorney for an evening appointment or to wait another month. He said I must make myself available and an evening appt is not an option. Also he has not requested anything from the defense yet. No evidence, interogatories, personnel files, depositions.... Is this normal?????

Also, is there a site I can go to to look up RI sexual harassment verdicts and any cases my attorney may have handled?

One more question, any support resources in RI? Nearest 9to5 chapter is Boston...too far. I can't find anyone to advise me on this nasty journey.

S

Sinsaint26

I can't comment on how your attorney is handling your case. You have to just trust in the fact that your attorney knows how to handle your case otherwise he would not be in practice. It can be hard sometimes to just sit back and let someone else take over but you have got to have a little faith.

Copy this link and paste it in your browser http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/casesearch.pl?court=US&CiRestriction= . The cases are usually about summary judgements but they are very helpful. You can use any key word like sexual harassment and you can also put your attorney's name in the search box (but you should be very specific, use middle initials or the law firms name). I did this search myself and found five cases my attorney handled. I also did a search using opposing counsel's name as well. It can make for interesting reading. Being in Rhoad Island you would want to do your search on 1st circuit courts but you can do a search with all circuit courts. Just makes for more reading.

There aren't too many support groups for this type of thing. Unfortunately, too many people don't realize the impact something like this can have on one's life. Your best "therapy" might be becoming more proactive in your case. Learn all you can about sexual harassment, study cases about sexual harassment (the link I gave is excellent for this type of thing) and read boards like this every day as they offer great insight into legal issues (I come here every day, read the posts and sometimes answer). I hope I have helped and good luck.

V

victimized

Thank you for your reply sinsaint26.

Sometimes hearing something from an outside source means more than from those closely involved. I will check out the link.
Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">